Filthy Casuals - Episode 7 + 8 - The Dark x Fallen Empires - What's the opposite of power creep?

oblivion8
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by oblivion8 » 2 years ago

Helloooo MTG Nexus!

*slaps hood of the booster boxes*
"These bad boys can go from 60 to 0 in 3 seconds flat!"
*stares despondently into the distance*
"60 to... 0... 3 seconds..."

Hoo boy do we have a double feature for you today. I took a break from posting the last episode as I thought it would be more fun to save you all for the double feature of The Dark and Fallen Empires, widely considered some of the worst magic of all time!

But fear not! We here at Filthy Casuals are 100% committed to bringing you entertaining content regardless of the product we're working on, and in that regard I think we succeeded, but you be the judge!

Surprisingly, there are actually cards for us to look for in these two sets, primarily singles like Blood Moon, High Tide and Hymn to Tourach. We'll see if either of the Filthy Casuals actually manage to pull any though!

Let us know down in the comments: what's your favourite card from either of these sets? Even though they were full of stinkers, I personally found a lot of nostalgia for some of the cards.

Thanks for watching and, as always, don't forget to sleeve your expensive cards!

Your Neighbourly-Friendly Filthy Casuals

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

those sets were so under powered but I love their flavour despite not playing back then

oblivion8
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by oblivion8 » 2 years ago

motleyslayer wrote:
2 years ago
those sets were so under powered but I love their flavour despite not playing back then
There's a lot of great art and flavour in the set. Too bad we won't end up playing the cards very much :(
Maybe we should do a "bad card" episode to use all the Fallen Empire/Homelands/The Dark cards lol

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

another fun idea would be "bad set constructed", where you can only use cards from sets that were considered "bad" or poorly received

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

Good thing that all the overpowered cards in Fallen Empires were common. Lol.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Self-Promotion”