Theros: Beyond Death Pauper Spoiler Discussion

rogerandover
Pronoun: he / him

Post by rogerandover » 4 years ago

So far I'm seeing Eidolon of Philosophy that might be good. 1/2 for isn't all that bad, but 7 mana to draw 3 might be too much.

Underworld Rage-Hound also looks interesting. Escape looks decent, giving some value. It might be good in a / sacrifice shell.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

The rage-hound seems very strong. the fact it will be hard to keep dead is something we currently don't have in the format.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

K4yr4h
Pronoun: they / them

Post by K4yr4h » 4 years ago

hound is okayish, 3/1s can be powerful, but also die to everything. i dont mind the escape too much, since its unlikely it will come back more often than twice. that okay, but nothing i wanna do in red.

Eidolon of Philosophy is cool, but ive got no use for 1/2s in my cube. it the body was more useful to me, its a definite inclusion. i like early drops that become useful in the lategame.

the more interesting commons have yet to be spoiled officially to be legally discussed here /facepalm

rogerandover

Post by rogerandover » 4 years ago

So, I might add Hero of the Games to my cube, though there might not be enough spells to support it. But I like him. A resonable body for the cost and a cool effect.

Black got some interesting stuff too. I kinda like Underworld Charger, but I might just be too biased about Escape. The best would properly be the red one, while the two green ones seems more meh.

Also, Lampad of Death's Vigil could also be an potential add. Likewise with Pharika's Libation. Always nice to have more opportunities attachted to one card.

K4yr4h
Pronoun: they / them

Post by K4yr4h » 4 years ago

the green escape dude seems the best to me. 4/4 for 4 is already very solid and green lacks card advantage, so escape as 7/7 is really nice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Pauper Cube Lists and Discussion”