[List] MagicFever Peasant Cube

MagicFever
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MagicFever » 3 years ago

Welcome to MagicFever's Peasant Cube

I built my cube several years ago as a secondary cube to my unpowered cube. Today, the peasant cube is my primary cube as I enjoy the overall high but not broken powerlevel as well as the interactions peasant cube offers. I especially enjoy that Wizards does print build-around cards at uncommon level, which gives peasant an enjoyable and rewarding depth at cube building and playing. In fact, the design goal of my cube is based on this circumstance.

I try to support certain archetypes by providing build around and/or payoff cards in the multicolor section (mostly) as well as in the mono-colored sections. Since this design choice can result in the inclusion of very parasitic cards that only support one specific archetype, I try to find a balance between archetype guidance cards (e.g. Worm Harvest), cards that play well in multiple archetypes (e.g. Lingering Souls) and just good cards (e.g. Grimdancer).

Another design choice I made is the inclusion of rare fixing lands, as uncommon mana fixing is lackluster. My aim is that people should be able to play their spells and not be hindered by dozens of 'comes-into-play-tapped' lands and that people should be rewarded for drafting lands. Also, I like the added subtle interactions that rare lands intrinsically offer.

This design choices should result in a plethora of exciting and playable archetypes and a draft experience that should feel rewarding but not on rails.
Feel free to draft (and comment on) the cube.

For an up-to-date list please click the link below
https://cubecobra.com/cube/list/5d651433d6aca45073f7c1fa

Tags:

Return to “Pauper Cube Lists and Discussion”