Izzet Draw Two

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Arkmer » 4 years ago

I don't expect this deck to get any major recognition or anything just would like some input on how I can make the "second draw" strategy better.
Izzet Draw Two
Approximate Total Cost:

Those at my LGS are pretty casual and the only other deck I'm really competing with is Sultai Flash using Wildborn Preserver as an amazing threat. Otherwise I'm fighting some knights, all that glitters, and occasionally gates.

I may want to add Black for Drown in the Loch or Blacklance Paragon as cheap removal pieces. I'd like a better way to protect my Pyromancers, despite having 4 toughness they still get removed quite a bit. I think most of my wins are through mass Faeries and suddenly stealing a game with Blaze. Typically it takes a few turns to start getting the engine churning.

Overall the deck is mostly just very fun to play at our free Saturday showdown tournaments.

hoser2

Post by hoser2 » 4 years ago

Nice! Here is an MTGGoldfish budget list. In an ignorant way, I find Crackling Drake and Opt most interesting.

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Post by Arkmer » 4 years ago

Saffron has some interesting tools in there. Mystical Dispute is a good idea, but the one that caught my eye was Fry. It had slipped my mind that there are other cards in M20 that have color hate printed on them. Aether Gust seems like an awesome candidate for now. Fry will just also probably come along for being pretty decent.

Drake is good, but I've got half as many actual instants and sorceries as his list. Opt is great, was a 1 of until I got my last Scions actually, but it doesn't trigger anything by itself unless I cast it on my turn where it's fairly lack luster.

I think Saheeli, Sublime Artificer is a decent 1 of in this as well. She generates more tokens, can occasionally boost my pyromancer power for a turn, and actually triggers off the myriad of adventures I am running. Though I've been thinking about cutting down some of the adventures. The Giant's body doesn't fit, might just become Slaying Fire. Hypnotic Sprite is great as a counter but the body is negligible, might just become Sinister Sabotage.

Interestingly, Black gets me Blightbeetle to combat the Wildborn on a different level. Adding Black may just be the way to go.

I've got a couple weeks before I see them all again. I'll have to consider those. Looking over Saffron's list certainly jolted some thoughts.

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Post by Arkmer » 3 years ago

Been playing this list again. Teferi, Master of Time has been SO MUCH FUN in this list. Throwing so much additional deck filtering and the occasional phasing to make up some tempo to keep my engines running. I had to cut Hypothesizzle because the need for four damage sort of fell off, sad to see it go because it was so funny to use. Because I've been playing it in BO1 I have some odd cards in the list, they don't really get in the way of anything because I have so much looting; I would call them flex spots, probably more flex spots than that in this list.

Not a meta deck by any means, but I've taken a few games against them regardless. Improbable Alliance and Spyglass sneak under Elspeth Conquers Death and can cause some problems once I start making 3-4 on each player's turns.

I figure since the meta is so dead, I'll have fun playing jank.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing Decks”