UG Adventures

rujasu
Pronoun: they / them

Post by rujasu » 4 years ago

I dunno if this deck is good. It has been holding up in best-of-one Silver matches in Arena, but if I take the time to grind up to Diamond or Mythic, it might not hold up. But it's a tempo deck, for those of us who are into that, and you get to play with some good cards! It is probably the worst Oko deck and the possibly also the worst Edgewall Innkeeper deck, but Hypnotic Sprite is pretty great. I'm sure this list isn't optimal, and the sideboard is just a guess at this point since I haven't played any Bo3 or ever used Wish Granted. It's a concept. I'm having some fun with it, at least. Let me know if you see any possible improvements (other than the obvious suggestion of "play a real deck, you silly old-timer!")

Tags:

rujasu

Post-ban:

-4 Once Upon a Time
-3 Oko

+4 Opt
+1 Questing Beast
+2 Quench

Managed to get a few wins and move into Gold, I'll keep going with it and post if it proves capable. I still think it's probably the worst Adventure deck, but it does some cool things so I'll see what happens.

rujasu

So far, I am on a hot streak with this deck, it has performed well against Jeskai Fires and Golgari Adventures. The mana is pretty bad, especially with one-drops in two different colors, but everything else is good. Oko wasn't great in this deck anyway so I'm not missing him.

Wish Granted generally targets Mass Manipulation - if the game has gone on long enough that you're able to cast Wish, you're usually looking for a game-ending haymaker. You do have to have four blue sources, of course, but if you can cast it, it's usually GG. Not a lot of other good wish targets in UG.

hoser2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by hoser2 » 4 years ago

Cool. It occurs to me that you must have replaced the Veils in the board with something. I was also wondering whether Hydroid Krasis or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries would be good wish targets. And if Frogify was better than Kasmina's Transformation in that it changes the type.

Edit: Also wondering about missing Once Upon a Time. Does it increase the need for the last two Temples? What about Incubation as a substitute? I guess Instants are much better in the deck, so maybe not.

rujasu

Fae of Wishes/Wish Granted only gets a noncreature spell, otherwise yeah, Hydroid Krasis would be a top choice. Not sure about Jace, Wielder of Mysteries.

Temple of Mystery is awkward in this deck. You really want your lands to be untapped. I've been running with just one Temple lately, even though relying on basics is tough with so much double-blue in the deck.

rujasu

Incubation/Incongruity - haven't tested it, but the big problem is it doesn't get lands. Opt does. It costs a blue obviously, but it can help find a green source or second blue source. Turning things into 3/3 Elk Frog Lizard tokens could help, but 3/3's can actually be a bit of a problem for this deck if you don't have a Beast out. Aggro matchups like Knights and Mono-Red are pretty tough.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing Decks”