Throne of Eldraine - Any Deck Challenge Brewing

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

As those on Arena may be aware, WotC is apparently using this particular community to try and shake down what the next best Standard decks will be post-rotation with a "Win Every Card in Standard" contest. All you have to do is string together 12 wins without losing more than once in Bo1 match-ups. Easy, right?

Thankfully, they're also supplying a test run period from 26 Sep to 1 Oct, allowing you to test and construct decks using up to 4 copies of all cards legal in the upcoming Standard (including cards exclusive to the PW and Brawl decks). I'm opening this thread to see if anyone is interested in collaborating on creating a deck that has some level of improved potential to hitting that 12 win mark.

While I may end up running a variant of my current Mono Red Cavalcade, I'm also testing other brews. So far, I'm having some luck with a BR Knight deck I cobbled together (2-0). The Boros Knight deck lacked sufficient gas, and I don't see Mardu builds faring better for consistency.
BR Knights
Approximate Total Cost:

It's working fairly well, as Stormfist Crusader does a hell of a job inflicting damage. Untapping on Turn 3, dropping a Steelclaw Lance or Jousting a creature out of the way, then swinging for 4? Good times. Murderous Rider and Bedevil remove many problems. Land count is lean due to the low curve.

There are other decks I'm looking at: UR Spells. GU Flash. Mono Red. This is a short window, but maybe the community can come up with a brew that has the resiliency to conquer a dozen challengers.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit
Pronoun: he / him

Post by vandertroll » 4 years ago

That's a really interesting deck, I will test it as well!
For what it's worth, since it's a bo1 format, the best chances of getting 12 wins is either with aggro or a two color midrangey deck. I think that we are going to be seeing many GU flash decks since it has been hyped pre-rotation
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

hoser2

Post by hoser2 » 4 years ago

It looked pretty good. I only had two games left when I tried it. I lost to Gruul Aggro and beat Dimir Mill.

I tried the Sultai Reanimator thing that I started a thread about and I lost more than I won. Based on how it played, it needs work. The setup for the two artifacts is too hard, I think. I want to try a version without the Henges, but the constant life loss from the Cauldron can be a problem even if it gets going.

hoser2

I revised the reanimator deck I tried above and ran it through the event in a different account.
I went about 50/50, but the deck felt more consistent.
Knights L
Sultai Food W
Selesnya Adventure L
Fires W
Phoenix L
Golgari Henge L
Fires Control W
Naya Feather W
Bant Ramp W
disconnect
Mardu Knights L

hoser2

In a third account, I tried the Bant Chulane deck proposed here and discussed here.

This deck felt very powerful, but I had no confidence that I was playing it optimally. I recommend it, but also recommend that you practice with it.

My record over 8 games was 5-3 as follows:
Phoenix L
Dimir W
Jeskai Superfriends W
Phoenix W
Azorius Clock W
Bant Ramp L
Golgari Henge L
Jeskai Control W

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing Decks”