Reanimation

Noir
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Noir » 4 years ago

This looks really fun I watched Ross on SCG play his Cauldron list and it looked like a blast. May have to give this a try at some point.

hoser2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by hoser2 » 4 years ago

I took the above deck out for a spin in the Play Every Card event. I went about even in 16 bo1 games (7-8 + 1 disconnect).

When it worked, it was powerful. But it was inconsistent. I want to highlight a few observations that may be obvious to people who are smarter than I.
  • Vantress Gargoyle is a stats monster, but keeping 4 cards in hand is not really what a proactive deck wants to do. So a control deck that can maintain 4 cards in hand could use it as a blocker. But what it really looks like is something that is meant to attack and maybe be recurred by Emry. So you need to be helping fill the opponent graveyard and maybe abusing artifact synergies.
  • When I could get Cauldron going, my threats were not always game-winning and the life loss was significant.
  • I don't like the inherent card disadvantage of Rotting Regisaur, but getting Henge out in a timely fashion seemed difficult, I've since seen Kraul Harpooner suggested, but in the deck above, Henge was too slow.

Then on Monday, I needed a deck to bring to an FNM level event. Below is what I threw together from cards I had lying around when I realized that I wanted to make hasty Drakuseths. I went 2-1, beating Cavalcade and Bant Golos before losing to Naya Adventures. The point is that even without an optimal list, you can steal some wins. This list has obvious problems, but it is fun when it works.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing Decks”