Gruul Adventures

hoser2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by hoser2 » 4 years ago

Until we get a real primer, here is some relevant information:

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I might put this deck together next time I'm on arena, I've become more intrigued by it. How well positioned is it now?

hoser2

Post by hoser2 » 4 years ago

8th place GP Portland (link below). Seems like tier 1.5-2 based on results. The meta seems pretty open ATM.
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2592196#paper

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

I'm playing this in an SCG satellite right now, I really like Gruul right now. Currently 1-0, winning the mirror. I'll give more detailed report later

so finished 4-2, here's a bit of rundown.

r1 beat the mirror 2-1, misplayed by bluffing an attack and didn't realize they had lethal. Handily won g2/3.

r2 beat UB control. Played poorly g1, curved out well 2. topdecked a cleave for g3 win.

r3 beat temur ramp 2-1. they did their thing g1. g2 I curved out well, they got stuck on 2 lands g3.

easily won the mirror g2. They made some plays that couldn't let them do much g1, I think it was a bunch of The Akroan War cast. g2 they got stuck on 2 lands.

got run over by rogues r5, they did their thing better than I did mine g1 and I couldn't close g2.

r6 got absolutely demolished by esper doom foretold, not even close.

I qualified for the SCG Kaldheim championship qualifier tomorrow. Although I would have liked to get the 5=1 to get a bye tomorrow and also qualify for the WotC Kaldhiem qualifier end of February

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Competitive Decks”