Knights

Noir
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Noir » 4 years ago

I love tribal themed decks so I'm very excited to try out Knights in Throne of Eldraine standard. I'm thinking orzhov is the way to go, not sure if the manabase is good enough to even attempt adding red for Mardu but I will still test it over the coming weeks. This is what I have so far and what I'm going to start with:

Sideboard
Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by Noir 4 years ago, edited 8 times in total.

hoser2

Post by hoser2 » 4 years ago

Looks good and seems unrelenting. I wonder about some number of Midnight Reaper, maybe in place of some Smitten Swordmaster.

Noir

hoser2 wrote:
4 years ago
Looks good and seems unrelenting. I wonder about some number of Midnight Reaper, maybe in place of some Smitten Swordmaster.
Thank you! I was also trying to fit Midnight Reaper and that does seem like a good trade. I will definitely be testing that.

Noir

I played 12 games with the deck on the free event for Magic Arena. The deck was fine. Really stumbled against the big green decks. Corpse Knight was under performing for me and I think we need more removal - especially for the bigger threats we face and if mono green becomes super prevelant. I put some Mortifys in.

The MVPs of the deck are Blacklance Paragon, Icon of Ancestry & Circle of Loyalty. They over performed for me.

Murderous Rider, Worthy Knight & Acclaimed Contender are super good and did exactly what I wanted them to so I wouldn't say the over or under performed.

Overall I like the deck - still needs work and can't wait to actually play at my local FNM with it.

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

Since you're going the WB Knight route, you might consider Knights' Charge to grant some reach against Mono Red, and Wintermoor Commander for defense. Also, run a full grip of Mortify. Worthy Knight is meant to reward a Go Wide strategy in Selesnya or Naya Knights, which you can't take advantage of here. You might also want to pack a few finishers, such as Cavalier of Dawn to close out the game and remove a pesky non-creature permanent your opponent controls, like a Field of the Dead.

Since you're running Tournament Grounds, you may want to consider some copies of Stormfist Crusader to give you some gas, as Acclaimed Contender seems underwhelming in this build. If you want a flying Knight with Adventure, Ardenvale Tactician offers more utility that Order of Midnight.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

Noir

Sojourner Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Since you're going the WB Knight route, you might consider Knights' Charge to grant some reach against Mono Red, and Wintermoor Commander for defense. Also, run a full grip of Mortify. Worthy Knight is meant to reward a Go Wide strategy in Selesnya or Naya Knights, which you can't take advantage of here. You might also want to pack a few finishers, such as Cavalier of Dawn to close out the game and remove a pesky non-creature permanent your opponent controls, like a Field of the Dead.

Since you're running Tournament Grounds, you may want to consider some copies of Stormfist Crusader to give you some gas, as Acclaimed Contender seems underwhelming in this build. If you want a flying Knight with Adventure, Ardenvale Tactician offers more utility that Order of Midnight.
Thank you for your suggestions and thru further testing on Arena since the set went live I've decided to go a more midrange route based off Seth Manfield's list. It has been working wonders. Midnight Reaper and Cavalier of Night are just so good, especially in the more grindy format it's turning out to be. Sorin is an all-star and absolutely dominates if I can resolve him against mono red.

I'm happy where this is at for now and will keep looking to improve it after the meta settles.

hoser2

Interesting Reddit post here. Not comprehensive, but top 100 Mythic? Some thoughtful comments also.

Also this Reddit post, which, at a quick scan, seems more thorough.

hoser2

Rakdos Knights, anyone? Martin Juza offers a deck guide for the new hotness.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Competitive Decks”