Oracle's Shift

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 2 years ago

(Sorcerous Spyglass completely locked Sneak Attack out of the game, which was also funny to me, because my friend completely forgot that he couldn't use it, and tried to plan around being able to activate its ability. I reminded him that, naw, not an option, and the game carried on.)

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 1 year ago

Thoughts on Ethereal Forager in Lab Man's slot? Could be some potential recursion for cantrips/tutors or Paradigm Shift (or even counterspells!), as well as a decently-sized flying body to deal with threats such as Marit Lage and Delver, and make the deck's mid-game and endgame stronger and more consistent for games where draws are duds and/or counterspells are running rampant, and Lab Man is always the worst of the three win cons in the deck, anyway - this could potentially enable getting one of the two preferred win cons more consistently.

I'm gonna test it out, tonight, and see how it plays.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 1 year ago

Ethereal Forager did a whole lot of nothing when I drew it, which was...pretty infrequently. I'm actually considering True-Name Nemesis, instead. Thoughts?

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

I'd look at Spellseeker over a TNN given it can help us snag some combo pieces
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 1 year ago

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
I'd look at Spellseeker over a TNN given it can help us snag some combo pieces
Hmm...a worthy consideration! Thanks for the suggestion. :) I'll give it a whirl.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 1 year ago

I've taken out 1 Narset and the remaining 2 Lab Men to accommodate 3 Spellseeker. Will report back after testing.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 1 year ago

Played some Oracle's Shift vs. D&T and Delver, the other day. Won a couple vs. D&T, lost a couple. Skyclave Apparition off of an Aether Vial is %$#% tough to deal with, especially when it eats your Thought Lash.

Won one vs. Delver by Force of Willing a T1 Delver of Secrets // Insectile Aberration and then just going off with Paradigm Shift + Thassa's Oracle. Won the second one by winning a counter war - cast Oracle for the win, she got FoW'd, I FoW'd in response, which then got Dazed, which I left mana open for. Paid the 1 and that was all, she wrote.

Spellseeker is...okay. It's not great, but it's serviceable. I purchased a 3rd Intuition, as I think that's really what this deck needs. There's a part of me that's considering a 3rd Thought Lash, as well, but I have no idea what I'd take out for it. I'm gonna drop one of the Spellseekers for the Intuition.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 1 year ago

Okay, thinking on it, more, I think I'd be okay going down to 1 Spellseeker for a 3rd Thought Lash. We have 7 win con enablers and 7 win cons (4 main, 3 backup, each, if we don't count Spellseeker/cantrips), that way, which I like the sound of, quite a bit. Anyone think that sounds like a dumb idea?

Edit: The deed is done.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 4 months ago

An update: This deck feels to be in a pretty decent spot. The sol lands conflicting with the double/triple blue pips in some of our stuff is lame, but they've been a fine way to get out Intuition, our one copy of Spellseeker (which I like better than a 3rd Narset), and Thought Lash, the latter of which is HUGE for the deck. It doesn't always win, but it does win very often, and half the fun of trying to go off with the deck is the high-risk/high-reward nature of it - okay, flipped my deck upside down, oops my only remaining win condition got countered - but there are just as many (if not more) scenarios where you just go off and take the win. I haven't used it in many games where I've sided out, so, I'm unsure of just how good the sideboard actually is, but, it's been fairly solid the times that I have. Barring some new effects analogous to Oracle or Shift coming out, I think we can call this deck "solved".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing”