[Placeholder] Painter's Stone

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 4 years ago

This is the placeholder thread for Legacy Painter's Stone on MTG Nexus. If you would like to take over the thread for this particular deck, please message a Legacy staff member.

schweinefett
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by schweinefett » 4 years ago

So I've not experienced the new meta with oko and whatnot (i've been stuck in hospital the last month or so). And I've come down to this as a list. I'm not really sure how the deck fares against the dreaded oko:

Does anyone have any major insights into how to push the deck to make it more playable/effective? The major problems ive had with it is speed. It just doesn't seem fast enough. The petals, LEDs i think really need more spirit guides to go with so i can go off faster. It just feels like this is the kinda deck where the longer the game goes, the higher the probability that my cards just can't match most opponent's.
the post-board leyline+helm combo is pretty sneaky and catches some number of people off-guard often enough that i'm ok with keeping them in.

Any suggestions as to how to move forward with this?

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 4 years ago

Have you considered making it black, running Rituals, maining more LEDs, and Infernal Tutor?

schweinefett
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by schweinefett » 4 years ago

haha you mean run it closer to a TES list?

I managed to make a BRu list once with wishclaw talisman (instead of IT), and splashing the echo of eons. t'was good, but a bit unreliable.

Having played a bit more, i've come down to the conclusion that painter isn't a combo deck that you'd wanna go as fast as possible. there's simply too many answers for it to make it doable without some amount of grind. So i guess the aim should be to make it as consistent as possible. Maybe a UR deck with 4 emry, 4 welders, 4 engineers would be a good way to go.

So far, the most effective painter builds i've ran are the RW build known as shortcake. It's a surprisingly good grind deck, and can combo off pretty quick too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Established”