SCG DFW

FoodChainGoblins
Level 47
Pronoun: he / him

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 4 years ago

Do people still do these types of threads anymore?

It looks like several decks are doing well in Day 2, including some Rakdos Aggro type deck. :o The meta seems very much slowed down right now.
Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Amulet, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I didn't watch Day 1 but I saw the Rakdos Midrange/aggro deck round 10 I think, it seemed pretty cool. do they post replays on Twitch or YouTube at all?

FoodChainGoblins
Level 47

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 4 years ago

motleyslayer wrote:
4 years ago
I didn't watch Day 1 but I saw the Rakdos Midrange/aggro deck round 10 I think, it seemed pretty cool. do they post replays on Twitch or YouTube at all?
I think they do post replays, but it can take up to 2 days. (I vaguely remember seeing it usually on Sunday I think, but once it was late Monday.)

Seems like Burn is not as dead as some anti Stoneforge/B Skull people thought it would be. :shrug:
Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Amulet, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

they were just talking about the Rakdos deck again, also GDS is live for top 8 which makes me happy

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

FoodChainGoblins wrote:
4 years ago
It looks like several decks are doing well in Day 2, including some Rakdos Aggro type deck. :o The meta seems very much slowed down right now.
that is a good thing imo. No more Hogaak rushes to the finish line.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

The final was.... hilarious. Whir vs burn. Burn had, it seems, no chance. Well, it did not get blistering draws, and was eager to just scoop on the first sign of combo. Meanwhile the whir deck just purred perfectly. Not a match to watch.

From what I saw (not entire tournament, small sample), whirr looks like a beast. Just like KCI, its combo is based on mana producers, so it's hard to disrupt once it is assembled. From what its pilot said in the winner interview, the way to beat it is via rebuild effects where you return everything to their hand. IN the semi-final, vs Titanshift piloted by Ross Merriam, Ross had force of vigor in hand and yet the whirr player was able to combo. (But it seemed to me that Ross should have played the vigor before urze was cast or at least in response. I honestly don't know the combo well enough to judge if it was a mistake.)

(Incidentally, I need to buy a playset of rebuild.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modern”