[SCD] Cavalier of Dawn

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

are there other people testing this card?

now testing the card as a single in my uw. One of the better cavaliers in the cycle imo. I was skeptical at first, but it does a good job blowing up annoying planeswalkers like Teferi, Narset, and Karn Great Creator. The cavalier is also not countered by Spell Pierce and Force of Negation, because it is a creature. Could blow up a large creature of an opponent.. a 7/7 death shadow reduced to a 3/3 golem. And lastly, since the ability is "up to" we can choose 0 if nothing needs to be destroyed.

Well, it cannot destroy manlands but I have Field of Ruin for those. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

robertleva

Post by robertleva » 4 years ago

Seems fun but not really strong enough for 5cc in modern. That's just a cursory opinion, I have not tested it out yet or played against it.
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

forgot to say. I'm testing it just as a single. And the main reason I've liked it is he is planeswalker killer, and helps me to fight traditional uw control builds. Not being counterable by stubborn denial, spell pierce, force of negation, and dovin's veto makes him more reliable than detention sphere and generous gift.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modern”