Cards that should be reprinted to enter the Modern card pool

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

automaton.png
Armory Automaton looks like it's fun to use as a single in sfm decks, or simple decks with plenty of equipments.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

fourdogsinahorsesuit
Pronoun: he / him

Post by fourdogsinahorsesuit » 4 years ago

Abolish the reserved list and free Phyrexian Dreadnought

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Sunstrike Legionnaire reprint please. Need him for a combo.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Once again, I request terravore. Give ponza a little more power.

Also spinning darkness, one more life gain for mono black.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

Would crystal vein be too good for modern?

AvalonAurora
Pronoun: they / them

Post by AvalonAurora » 3 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
Would crystal vein be too good for modern?
Almost certainly, especially as long as Tron and Eldrazi Temple are legal.

AvalonAurora

Post by AvalonAurora » 3 years ago

A quick look at some of the stuff from Jumpstart that isn't modern legal that I or others haven't been commonly listing that seems like it could maybe see some theoretical modern use, if nothing else, in some budget decks perhaps, or some weird future fringe cases reliant on theoretical future cards.

Archaeomender
Blessed Sanctuary
Branching Evolution
Brindle Shoat
Bruvac the Grandiloquent
Duelist's Heritage
Herald's Horn
Kels, Fight Fixer
Lightning Phoenix
Ormos, Archive Keeper
Release the Dogs
Scholar of the Lost Trove
Thriving Bluff
Thriving Grove
Thriving Heath
Thriving Isle
Thriving Moor
Tinybones, Trinket Thief
Witch of the Moors

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero, Defiant Falcon, and Ramosian Sergeant. Hopefully in Modern Horizons 2, where they also create new rebels. I would LOVE modern Rebels. I don't care if it doesn't win, it would be fun and nostalgic.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero, Defiant Falcon, and Ramosian Sergeant. Hopefully in Modern Horizons 2, where they also create new rebels. I would LOVE modern Rebels. I don't care if it doesn't win, it would be fun and nostalgic.
Lin Sivvi is kinda broken though, got banned from standard when Masques was legal. But I will freely admit that I like the card, and I always feel sad that Rebels got a legendary creature, but Mercenaries haven't gotten one (yet).
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

I still remember the mono white rebels my cousin had, almost the entire deck are rebels. Was new to mtg during those times, and all my decks got totally trounced on by that deck. However, the power level of mtg cards has gone up through the years.. maybe Lin-sivvi would be a normal powered card now instead of broken. Stoneforge Mystic was not really strong in standard when all she could fetch is a basilisk collar. Sivvi would be under control if the rebels she could fetch are not too strong.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

god, I wonder if the price of Food Chain would go up or down if they reprinted it? it's soooo broken
I used to have four of them when they were a 50p rare. Lion's Eye Diamonds and Survivals of the Fittest too. I threw away so much money now that I think about it...

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Lin Sivvi is kinda broken though, got banned from standard when Masques was legal. But I will freely admit that I like the card, and I always feel sad that Rebels got a legendary creature, but Mercenaries haven't gotten one (yet).
For the time and format, sure. But compared to everything currently in modern? She might show up, but still be outclassed.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
For the time and format, sure. But compared to everything currently in modern? She might show up, but still be outclassed.
I think you severely underestimate how good Sivvi Rebels was. At the time you either played that deck, or you lost. Nothing could stand up to it. The rebel recursion plus the ability to fetch them is what does it, and remember, she can fetch Changelings as well. Like the 3/3 double striker...
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

@folding_music

anything that get reprinted would go down in price.

anyway, Foodchain, LED and Survival are legacy power level cards. Wotc would never reprint them in a modern horizons set.

@Card Slinger J

a lot of those cards you mentioned looked fine, Fire and Ice, Sterling Grove seems usable for some decks.

although entomb and foodchain are probably too strong here.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

since old cards were mention. Also thinking if some thrulls like Thrull Champion and Breeding Pit + some support cards to be reprinted, so we could have another tribe to play with.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

How about Harsh mercy? It's another card that tribal decks can use.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

once more, asking for Terravore..

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
once more, asking for Terravore..
after thinking more, that would be cool in ponza lists

after playing with it in historic, Phyrexian Tower would be fun in modern

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

yeah, would cool in Ponza. Actually, the reason I was asking for it is because I own a Ponza deck in modern. Have been active in the Ponza thread at salvation. :)

Phyrexian Tower? Out of curiosity.. what deck do you plan to put that in?

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
2 years ago
yeah, would cool in Ponza. Actually, the reason I was asking for it is because I own a Ponza deck in modern. Have been active in the Ponza thread at salvation. :)

Phyrexian Tower? Out of curiosity.. what deck do you plan to put that in?
I don't even know what modern deck I'd play it in, let alone what wants it. I just find it a cool card

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

Please reprint Phyrexian Walker so I can block the stupid monkey.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

phyrexian war going on now... it's the perfect time to reprint the walker.

yeah, 3 toughness allows him to block monkeh.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modern”