[Poll] 07/08/2019 Banlist Poll - Ban

Locked Previous topicNext topic

What card(s) do you want BANNED in Modern the 07/08/2019 B&R announcement?

Altar of Dementia
11%
Ancient Stirrings
14%
Arclight Phoenix
2%
Bridge from Below
33%
Faithless Looting
22%
Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis
5%
Karn, the Great Creator
3%
Mox Opal
No votes
Mycosynth Lattice
2%
Simian Spirit Guide
2%
Tron lands
2%
Nothing
6%
Something else (specify in thread)
No votes

Total votes: 64

ktkenshinx
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ktkenshinx » 4 years ago

By popular demand! What card(s) do you want BANNED in Modern next Monday? Vote for your selections and discuss. Still figuring out the new site software and it looks like I'm limited to one poll per thread.

Unbanning poll here
Over-Extended/Modern Since 2010

cfusionpm
With that on the stack...

Post by cfusionpm » 4 years ago

Would be thrilled to see the format nuked from orbit and about a dozen things banned. But realistically speaking, it's likely Bridge, Altar, or Hogaak itself. Going on the past decisions of trying to ban older cards and enablers, it'll likely be Altar and/or Bridge. Nothing fair or good is ever done with either of those cards.

Edit: also, while I would love to see Faithless Looting banned (despite owning four foil signed copies), I don't think they have the guts to do what needs to be done to help reign in the ridiculous graveyard abuse. And this would be above and beyond nuking Hogaak from orbit.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

altar, bridge, and faithless looting are my votes.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

ITRules

Post by ITRules » 4 years ago

"Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight."

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Post by Arkmer » 4 years ago

Just want Bridge and Looting; though, I'm still predicting a "no change".

robertleva

Post by robertleva » 4 years ago

My prediction: Looting banned, SFM unbanned. (pretty much gonna burn a candle for SFM until they get it right)
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I'd be fine with just bridge from below being banned. I don't think looting will be banned tomorrow if it hasn't already been banned and I think that banning Hogaak or altar right after release would be foolish. I don't think they're that bad without bridge and if they are ban them later

cfusionpm
With that on the stack...

Post by cfusionpm » 4 years ago

I think we collectively have a short term memory on how obnoxious Looting decks were, long before Hogaak.
They have the power to nip that in the bud tomorrow, but I don't think they have the guts to do what needs to be done for long term health of the format. So long as they keep printing ways to abuse the graveyard, Faithless Looting remains the oil that keep the machines running smooth.

ktkenshinx

Voted Bridge, but could've voted "Nothing." I struggle to see Wizards acting on Looting today if they didn't act on Stirrings for all of 2018. I especially struggle to predict action with an MC in a month.

If Hogaak is truly broken, an assessment I don't have the data to make, then Wizards will probably go after the most egregious mana-cost/cheat offenders. See previous Storm, Amulet, KCI, Infect, Eldrazi, etc. examples. Bridges and Hogaak are the most glaring offenders in that regard, and I can see Wizards being hesitant to axe a sweet new card from a sweet new set.

ktkenshinx

Thread locked, as the B&R update is now live. Continue the discussion in the State of Modern thread.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modern”