[SCD] Cataclysmic Gearhulk

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Image.ashx.png
Hi, I've been seeing this card in some sideboards as a single. Sometimes even a 2-of.

Out of curiosity, what decks is Cataclysmic Gearhulk boarded in against? I'd assume, against go-wide strategies?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Bearscape
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Bearscape » 4 years ago

Yeah, Gearhulk is mostly there for creature matchups. However, it also comes in against Urza decks (or any other deck that puts a bunch of the same card type into play)

I'm a huge fan of the card. 4/5 Vigilance is super relevant, and it can often be a recurring wrath by bouncing it with Cryptic Command, JtMS or little Tef

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

thanks for the explanation. That's just the confirmation I needed. /ordered from scg.

too bad it did not clear lands like the original Cataclysm, but the ability to clear go wide strategies is still useful. Gonna board it in against the Humans players in my area. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modern”