[Official] Modern Prices Discussion

Simto
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Simto » 2 years ago

I regret not buying a bunch of the modern cards I wanted last year when modern cards were tanking in value hehe. Everything is spiking now.

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

I didn't realize Khans fetches were so expensive until I checked the other day, I hope they get a reprint soon

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

noticed that the khans fetches have risen a little more..

maybe the reprint is still far? So the price is still slowly going up?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

motleyslayer

the problem with fetches is that they're super hard to reprint as I'm pretty sure WotC just doesn't like them in standard. Their combination with fetchable duals is a problem in their eyes, so that really restricts what kind of lands can be in standard. So now we're basically just stuck waiting on modern supplemental sets to put them in

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Post by Arkmer » 2 years ago

Is that an issue though? If they put the other 5 in MH3, then the set will be a slam dunk buy again and likely their secondary market value will see a similar drop as this round did. Sure, we want them now, but I think letting MH# do the work is an okay vehicle for pushing these staples into the market. Point being, despite a bit of groaning from the community, they're working on it.

motleyslayer

I think that MH3 could be a great place for the allied fetches because then they don't have to worry about their impact on standard and they'll see just hot much the enemy ones dropped after MH2. Plus they'll sell packs

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

is there already an announced date for MH3?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Post by Arkmer » 2 years ago

No, not that I'm aware of. I'm just guessing it'll happen and think getting things into Modern this way is fine.

motleyslayer

so Lurrus of the Dream-Den is $10 CAD no foil, is this the bottom or will it get cheaper? Thinking about getting more copies now

Ed06288

Post by Ed06288 » 2 years ago

motleyslayer wrote:
2 years ago
so Lurrus of the Dream-Den is $10 CAD no foil, is this the bottom or will it get cheaper? Thinking about getting more copies now
Personally I think owning a non-foil playset is a great idea, but i'm leery of going deeper than that. It's not seeing mainboard play anymore.

motleyslayer

Ed06288 wrote:
2 years ago
motleyslayer wrote:
2 years ago
Personally I think owning a non-foil playset is a great idea, but i'm leery of going deeper than that. It's not seeing mainboard play anymore.
I have a set of them lying around so I'll probably just leave it at that then

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

surprised that Lurrus price is going down. Is it because the decks that use it are not placing well anymore?

oh, and I'm interested to hear on what people think of Solitude. Is the price going to go up or down in the following months?

motleyslayer

I can't say for sure why Lurrus is still cheap, as it's easily one of the best cards in modern. Maybe it's just because it's from a recent set still and also had promo pack printings.

TBH I can't see solitude dropping much as it's a staple

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

yeah, I guess you're right. Solitude has become a staple.

feels like wotc succesfully ported over Swords to Plowshares into modern with this creature.

motleyslayer

also I'm not sure how much this affects it but Lurrus was also a rare in a standard set, while solitude is a mythic from mh2, a non standard/special print run set

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 2 years ago

Lurrus is also usually only a one-of.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

looks like the new Boseiju card is being helpful to some decks. What do you guys think, get a playset now, or wait a few more weeks for the price to drop?

motleyslayer

TBH this is one card that I can't see dropping much, it's pretty playable across multiple formats, so there's always gonna be demand for it. If you don't need it I don't see there being a problem waiting. I just can't see it dropping much

FoodChainGoblins
Level 47

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 2 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
2 years ago
looks like the new Boseiju card is being helpful to some decks. What do you guys think, get a playset now, or wait a few more weeks for the price to drop?
I bought 2 from my LGS at $18 and 1 foil one (out of regulars sadly enough) for $25. I needed to have them immediately for Amulet. :grin:
Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Amulet, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 2 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
2 years ago
Wait at least until I get mine, please. :grin:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modern”