08/26/2019 Banlist poll - Ban

What card(s) do you want BANNED in Modern the 08/26/2019 B&R announcement?

Ancient Stirrings
8%
Arclight Phoenix
No votes
Chalice of the Void
No votes
Creeping Chill
1%
Eldrazi Temple
1%
Faithless Looting
16%
Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis
49%
Karn, the Great Creator
3%
Mox Opal
2%
Mycosynth Lattice
6%
Simian Spirit Guide
1%
Teferi, Time Reveler
5%
Tron lands
3%
Urza, Lord High Artificer
No votes
Wrenn and Six
3%
Nothing
No votes
Something else (specify in thread)
No votes

Total votes: 86

ktkenshinx
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ktkenshinx » 4 years ago

By popular demand! What card(s) do you want BANNED in Modern next Monday? Vote for your selections and discuss.

Unbanning poll here
Over-Extended/Modern Since 2010

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

voted for Karn Great Creator, Hogaak, and Faithless Looting
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

idSurge

Post by idSurge » 4 years ago

Hogaak, obviously.
Faithless Looting and Stirrings. They are a blight on this format, and will be forever.
Teferi, Time Raveler. Just bad for Magic. All formats. I'm not here to play Hearthstone.
UR Control UR

Bearscape

Post by Bearscape » 4 years ago

Hogaak, Looting, and then Stirrings with some distance

Didn't give Mox Opal and little Tef a vote since they aren't doing anything specifically busted atm but they just shouldn't really exist

Simto

Post by Simto » 4 years ago

lol wut Creator Karn is up for debate??? Why is he even on the list?
I only voted for Hogaak. Keep Looting, Stirrings, Teferi, Tron lands and all that jam.

iTaLenTZ

Post by iTaLenTZ » 4 years ago

Voted for Hogaak, Faithless Loothing, Ancient Stirrings and Wrenn.

If they just ban Hogaak we just go back to how the meta was before MH and that is a Loothing meta. UR Phoenix, Mono red prowess, dregde.....If Loothing goes so should Stirrings. In return Tron benefits more from the London mulligan.

Wrenn will go eventually so might as well ban him now. He makes no positive impact on the format because all his abilities are only good vs fair decks preventing them to enter the format.

Edit: I forgot to add Scale up, Devoted Druid and Neoform. All offenders of the turn 4 rule

Depian

Post by Depian » 4 years ago

I voted for Hogaak and Tron lands

Hogaak is simply busted and we all know the details, no need to say much about it

Tron lands because of the effect they create on the overall format:
Midrange strategies can't really race tron so it incentivises the meta to go under it by playing more aggresive decks and less midrange decks, this means that aggro decks can be more streamlined since they don't have to worry that much about other strategies stopping their plan, they can now focus on being faster.

This leads to games where it's all about sequencing your cards correctly no matter what you have in front of you (which by the way is how Tron plays most games), these kind of games are not very enjoyable to play nor watch and as a player I don't feel like I've outplayed my opponent if I win this way, it feels as if the deck is the one winning because of its clear streamlined plan and I am there simply shuffling and sequencing plays as a computer would.

metalmusic_4

Post by metalmusic_4 » 4 years ago

Voted hogaak only.
The rest of the format is obscured by the obvious hogaak dominance so I would hold off of any other bans until we see what we are actually dealing with.

LeoTzu

Post by LeoTzu » 4 years ago

Just Hogaak. Let's get him outta here, then figure out where the chips fall before we make any more moves.

Amalek0

Post by Amalek0 » 4 years ago

Hogaak. You need a stable format before you can go back to considerations about the long-term health of the format, which is where most of the other top-voted candidates fall--questions of long-term health, not of the metagame tonight.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I'd be fine with just a Hogaak ban but I have been getting closer to just asking myself if it's time that faithless looting got the ban, even if it nerfs random fair decks like Mardu Pyro

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

Hogaak and Lattice. War Karn without the lock makes it a much more reasonable deck to play against.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modern”