looking for help with my big green creature fun deck

barval
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by barval » 4 years ago

Hy this is my favourite deck which I play for fun with my family and was wandering if you could help me to improve it.
I am new to this site and I still need to learn how to appropriately format a deck. I hope it wont be too much trouble for this first time.
I appreciate any help or advice you can give me! :)

Creatures (24)
1x Vigilant Baloth
2x Colossal Dreadmaw
1x Bramble Sovereign
1x Pelakka Wurm
1x Omnath, Locus of Mana
1x Ghastbark Twins
1x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
1x Tarmogoyf
1x Primeval Titan
2x Thunderous Snapper
1x Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma
1x Thrashing Brontodon
1x Thrun, the Last Troll
2x Craterhoof Behemoth
1x Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
1x Ghalta, Primal Hunger
1x Gigantosaurus
2x Llanowar Elves
1x Keeper of Fables

Artifact (1)
1x Rhona's Monument

Enchantment (1)
1x Exploration

Instant (4)
1x Return to Nature
1x Once Upon a Time
2x Once and Future

Sorcery (7)
3x Rabid Bite
1x Finale of Devstation
1x Overcome
1x Nissa's Revelation
1x Sylvan Tutor

Lands (24)
24x Basic Green Lands

P.S: I was also thinking of adding a Turntimber Basilisk + Asceticism + Boundless Realms into the deck. Would this fit in?

Tags:

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Welcome to the forums. that looks like a fun casual deck. :)

I don't want to change things too much, since you seem to be having a good time using it. Although if I would play something like this casually..

1. change llanowar elves to utopia sprawl, because sprawl is not killed by creature removal,
2. tarmogoyf can be replaced with scavenging ooze, you already have plenty of large beaters. Ooze offers utility if you come across a casual deck that uses the graveyard a lot.
3. once and future is good, and it's one of my favorite arts in mtg. But if you can get some Harmonize.. you could use those instead. Straight card draw of three cards is better than returning two from the yard.
4. the new wilt from Ikoria could replace return to nature, wilt can be conveniently cycled away if you don't need enchant / artifact removal.
5. And lastly, replace two forest with treetop village. They are extra beaters that survive board wipes and sorcery speed removal.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

barval

Post by barval » 4 years ago

Hi @The Fluff thank you for your suggestions!Thees are some great ideas and I enjoyed learning about these cards. I will definitely try to put some fo them in my deck to see how they work. :)

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

you're welcome. This thread makes me feel nostalgic actually.. when I was just starting out years ago, also built a casual green deck with big creatures.. phantom centaur, thriss, nantuko primus, stone-tongue basilisk, and crush of wurms. The deck is not really good enough for competitive play, but it was strong enough for casual play with the precons that my cousins use. So I had a fun times with it for a long time.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”