Making a deck for all levels of casual

schweinefett
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by schweinefett » 4 years ago

So I'm about to start a mtg games group at my local school, and have a few pupils who are into mtg already.

I was trying to figure out what the best way to make a deck that kinda caters to any skill/deck power level without completely crushing competition.

Currently, i have a RW legacy painter, mono U high tide and mono white legacy bomberman deck. I'm guessing it's not very fun to play against if your deck isn't up for it.
It's why i've also made a 5c weenies deck, filled with white weenies, black removal, blue cantrips, red burn and green pump spells. it's got what i'd consider to be a "near perfect" manabase, with all 10 fetches and 8 ABU duals sorted to the colour split of the deck. It's somewhat consistent, but i've no idea if it'd fit the purpose of the deck (to play against mostly new to moderately new players).

Any tips and ideas?

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BOVINE » 4 years ago

When I was trying to accomplish a similar goal I made 5 mono colored 30 card decks. The decks could be added together to make a 60 card deck. I made the deck generic. 11 basics and 1 Evolving Wilds each. Each color did what it's supposed to. New players loved choosing their own two color decks.
B O V I N E

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”