Random Card of the Day: Talisman of Conviction

RabidVacin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RabidVacin » 4 years ago

10/10/19 Diabolic Vision

That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Puzzled as to why this card was made part-black even all the way back in Ice Age, seeing as it doesn't even put the extra cards into your graveyard like Ransack the Lab does. By analogy with tutoring?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin

10/11/19 Mox Ruby

If I'm not going to exclude cards that are ridiculously bad then I'm not going to exclude cards that are obviously good.

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
10/11/19 Mox Ruby
Magic prices are at the point where you can buy a lifetime supply of board games for a single card. There's some perspective in there, if you think about cards only from a gameplay value standpoint.

That said, 0/10, would not play Mox Ruby.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

I hear ABU moxes are good. Pearl, Sapphire, Jet, and Ruby should be unbanned in Commander.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
10/11/19 Mox Ruby
Still remember someone showing off a paper version of the vintage moxes at a legacy event years ago. Obviously not legal at that event, but I'm still thankful to be able to see one for real. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
10/10/19 Diabolic Vision
should be reprinted for modern.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

10/15/19 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Probably one of the fairer Eldrazi Titans but all that card draw is fun.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
10/15/19 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
I still remember someone saying the opponent countered Kozilek, but the caster of Kozilek won from the 4 cards that were drawn. Cast trigger > counterspells. :P

RabidVacin

10/16/19 Golgari Rot Farm

Goes well with landfall and Summer Bloom but weak against land kill.

RabidVacin

10/17/19 Gluttonous Slime

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

Jund is such a cool wedge.

however devour I would claim is a negative feeling ability. eating your own creature for very little gain (in this case a single +1/+1 counter)
im sure they are thinkin your sacrificing "fodder" (a 1/1 goblin token) but still, sacrificing your own permanents is negative over all but not everytime. ie you play into the theme which I support.

OMG

is devour the grandfather of food token? I just blew my own mind

whelp

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
10/17/19 Gluttonous Slime
first time for me to see this card. Hmm, devour reminds me of the mycoloth deck I played against a few years ago. Devour is strong when a deck us built around it.

RabidVacin

10/21/19 Commune with Nature

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I think it's well known that this card is an incredibly strong budget option for anything green.

The N82O Molecule

I like this card

what I really like is random numbers, in this case 5. oh man 5, is it the sweet spot? hell no its not, this is a common afterall. therefore it could have been anything. whats wrong with 6, 6 is way smoother, id name my 5th child Six. anyway welcome to the broccoli,

restricted tutor is fine, this card allows you to get "the thing", even though you could just substitute "the thing" for this card. haha what if you got 5 things. . .oh man then this card makes perfect sense

I love magic

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

I like that card too. Simple and cheap to cast. Can sometimes be a budget piece in a creature combo deck.

RabidVacin

10/22/19 Izzet Boilerworks

The N82O Molecule

I will always like these lands, and I have a soft heart for the world of ravnica. Izzet is imo one of the cooler guilds.

whats crazy is I get zero steampunk vibe out of it, maybe not enough soot.

mad scientist with a wrench! love it

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Ahh, this cycle. I like the Karoos. Good amount of risk-reward tradeoff.

RabidVacin

10/24/19 Orcish Lumberjack

Another risk/reward card. In one of my casual decks, my favorite play is to use Orcish Lumberjack to play turn 2 Shivan Wurm

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Actually something of a classic ramp card. It's a pet card of mine too.

The N82O Molecule

I don't have any experience with this. however its seems legit, but under the radar. would you play a extra land in the decklist with this? 2 more lands? or just a land recursion?

original art isn't as sexy as the one shown, but still gets best art haha

cards like this, (one that has been printed a few times over the years) crack me up cause I relearn that I have copies of this card lol

RabidVacin

When I go for turn 2 Shivan Wurm using Orcish Lumberjack, I am taking a big risk. A safer play would probably be a turn 2 four drop and a Llanowar Elves.

10/25/19 Beast Within

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”