[MCD] Cheap Tutors

FoxOfWar
Pronoun: she / her

Post by FoxOfWar » 4 years ago

As with a lot of cards... the cards aren't the problem so much as people who feel the need to frequently go for them, to combo off as fast as possible. I see no need to ban these cards, as on their own they aren't problematic. They're merely somewhat emblematic of the type of player who wants to go for fastest/most consistent win, and obviously cEDH is not everyone's cup of tea.

I wouldn't personally lose... probably a single card in my 34 decks if the suggested list got banned, but that's the kind of player I am - I already don't play open-ended tutors even when it would be obviously beneficial to me because I enjoy the randomness of my draws and games.

That said, I would certainly enjoy it if Wizards decided to print more and varied search-punishing cards, since I have a handful of players in my LGS that love to spend their time searching, turn after turn...
36 decks or so...
Show
Hide
Hope of Ghirapur Swordpile - Ghosty Blinky Anafenza - Nezahal - Big, Blue and HERE! - Gonti Can Afford It - Kazuul, Tyrant of Chandras - Polukranos, More Mana - Azor Takes Flight - A3OS System - Vona Life Pain - Angel With a Whip and Her Pet Fox - Tolsimir Wolf Crusade - Dragonlord Steal & Copy - Arjun, the Mad Flame - Tatyova's Mad Lands - Zegana's Simic - Chainer Does the Value Dance - Polukranos, Unchained - Running Thromok - Sydri's Loco-Inspiraion - Zedruu the Furyhearted - Estrid Land Animation - A Case of Tariel's Persistent F*ckery - Tail of the AristoCat Humanitarian - Karador, Tomb Operator - Tayam Re-Curses - Jeleva... does... things - Sidisi, Death is Served - Omnath, Blink and You're Missing - The Negatiweaver - Breya, Eggs, Breya'd Eggs - Ishai and Reyhan Dicepile - Kynaios and Tiro Landfall Impersonations - Tana and Ravos' Regal Gatekeeping - Yidris of the Chi-Ting Corporation - General Tazri's Utterly Amazing Allies

onering
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by onering » 4 years ago

More search punishing cards would be great. I think it should be a red mechanic, as it feels very red ("stop thinking so much, hurry up and DO something!) and would open up some more design space.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rules and Philosophy”