Separate forum for rules and banlist chat

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

Do we really need this separate forum or would it go better in the main?
Decklists is always hopping but this subforum seems to get most of it's topics discussed tangentially in the main forum and most people don't read this one (as evidenced by a lot of discussions being rehashed there too).

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 2 years ago

IMO some people want to avoid rules discussion
I like it being separate
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 2 years ago

It has been quiet enough that it *could* go in main, but it is nice having it in a separate area. As Dunharrow said, some people like having it in its own area, and historically it helped keep the main forum area free from being flooded with ban/rules threads.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

cryogen wrote:
2 years ago
It has been quiet enough that it *could* go in main, but it is nice having it in a separate area. As Dunharrow said, some people like having it in its own area, and historically it helped keep the main forum area free from being flooded with ban/rules threads.
The issue right now I think is from a discussion standpoint only a handful of people really read this subforum so the discussions get kinda inbred pretty fast :P

onering
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by onering » 2 years ago

If we're being real, the same can be said for the main commander forum. I think rules discussions are just going to attract fewer people generally, whether or not they are in a sub forum. I think surface level discussions of rules and bans are fine in the main forum, and so are conversations that end up verging into deeper discussions on those topics, but the value of the sub forum is to signal that the discussion should be fully grounded in the rules and ban list considerations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rules and Philosophy”