Looking for 4 balanced decks for a group.

kraus911
Pronoun: he / him

Post by kraus911 » 2 years ago

Our group wants to try some cedh and proxy up some decks that are well-balanced in terms of interaction and power. I know this is a deep topic with a lot of possible answers, but I'm speaking in fairly general terms. In your experience with cedh, what would a make a fun pod of 4 in terms of the current meta?

So far we have one player who proxied up a Selvala bro storm and a Tevesh/Rograkh deck.

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 2 years ago

Anything without blue gets bonus points in my book. Fine to have one or two players playing blue at the table to keep people off fast wins, but having more than 2 just turns into a grind, from what I have seen. I don't actively play cEDH, but the gameplay I watch makes me like the idea of having one stax-y player to slow things down, BloodPod looks fun. Yisan, the Wanderer Bard is a nice combo/toolbox deck in mono green. Jeskai decks with Underworld Breach wins look like a "balanced" wincon. Just some ideas.

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 2 years ago

Huh, missed this thread. My bad @kraus911.

cEDH is all about having fun with the highest-caliber cards and combos available. There are a ton of neat interactions and legendary stacks that will create amazing stories for months.

So, my personal recommendation for 2 additional decks that you could play alongside the two that have already been brought up by your group (Selvala Brostorm and Tevesh + Rograkh Storm/combo) is Thrasios + Bruse Tarl and Yuriko Midrange. Yuriko applies a ton of pressure to life totals while also includes a decent interaction suite to help keep the combo players in line. Thrasios + Bruse Tarl has a decent Stax suite and additional interaction that can help keep the aggressive combo decks (Selvala and Tevesh + Rograkh) in check. Basically, any addition of a blue-based deck from this cEDH decklist database should be good for your playgroup.

Moxnix

Post by Moxnix » 5 months ago

If your crafting the meta I will say similar decks help each other. IE 3 stax decks and one combo deck combo guys going to have a bad time conversely 3 ad Naus decks one stax guy stax guys never going to win. Winning die roll is huge typically the first blue player to drop fast mana into a draw engine before the other players has a very good chance of winning. Mystic remora in faster cedh metas is like the best card in the format fast mana > necro / study /remora with free counters in hand is best. Need a blue deck having 2 is Probably more representative. Maybe one blue farm and one dimir/ grixis doomsday fast storm or nuas.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Competitive (cEDH)”