[Developing] Aleshlivers

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 4 years ago

Alesha, Who Smiles at Death
Authour's Note: I consider myself a well-versed and very experienced player that is aware of cEDH as a format but has not delved in headfirst. This deck is my own attempt and chronicle into it, however this is not a new deck.

Last Deck Update: 8.10.19 [cEDH alpha]
Disclaimer
Show
Hide
  • My decklists are actual paper lists, and do not take budget into consideration. There are a lot of very expensive cards, reserve list or not, because I strive to acquire only the best of the best.

Hi, 3drinks here with another 3drinks special. Many of you know me as that Kaalia fanatic and as such you may be asking "why is this not another Kaalia thread?" Part of that is I wanted to get this deck documented on-site, and have a reason to update this from the six months I last updated it. But that doesn't make a deck competitive, now does it? I'm here because I truly believe this deck is a real force and can have it's own slice of the pie.

You're probably thinking "why Alesha when you can the first sliver?" And your point is valid. Let me first preface this by saying I do not play U or G and I will not change my perspective or commitment to Mardu. Now, my choice to play 3c slivers over the more conventional 5c leads me to add a measure of inevitability by re-buying key cards that may have gotten destroyed or pieces I may have sacrificed for early to mid game value as I head to my end game (reducing your life to zero).

"But why, 3drinks? You lose the best aspects of slivers, the mana fixing, a lot of the lords, key evasive guys, the combo card, and the big Overlord." I recognize it. But I don't need them when I have enough lords already, protection, disruption, and my key card being Contamination, which my commander effortlessly powers for me. Below is the decklist, which is roughly several months old with a couple new cards slid in. Suggestions to tune for peak, optimum efficiency are not only welcomed, but encouraged, with the caveat that I'm not moving away from the 3c slivers strat. Thanks!
Aleshlivers Contamination

Commander (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

Key Cards

Paradise Mantle: Allows me to create coloured mana under Contamination - important should I somehow find myself without Alesha or in need of a spare body to keep the enchantment around.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Tags:

Return to “Competitive (cEDH)”