Kemba: Cats with Swords

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 4 years ago

This is posted for record keeping but feel free to comment.

This was one of a pair of decks with Geth, Lord of the Vault when I was first getting into EDH. I'd originally intended them to function similar to a dual deck, but in the intervening decade they have simply become my oldest built decks.

As is true of most Kemba, Kha Regent decks, this occupies the intersections of voltron and tokens; equipment and tribal. If I can play a cat or equipment to get an effect, that's usually the plan. I don't think this particular build that that abnormal, but it can still hold it's own in the typical mid-range metagame.
Decklist

Commander

Equipment - Tribal Support

Tribal Support - Cats

Equipment Support - Cats

Token Support for Voltron

Creatures - Generally good

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by Crazy Monkey 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Tags:

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 2 years ago

Updated list to current. I'm not sure what all the swaps were, but revisiting this post reminded me fondly of the mono white version of Craterhoof Behemoth: Dragon Throne of Tarkir. When my metagame was slower it had been a blow out with 3 activations of the throne; by kemba, then 2 tokens. I think each attacker was in the triple digits.

The swap that reminded me to update this thread was to drop Nahiri, the Lithomancer for Mantle of the Ancients. I'd always planned Nahiri as recursion, so this swap makes sense in that context.

I don't recall seeing much discussion on the mantle when it was printed recently, and was curious whether anyone had any experience with it.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”