Bruna's Battle Cruiser

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

@KungfuHero I haven't been super active in my ability to play commander the last two years and when I can I usually have new decks that need testing. When it comes to my old decks I usually know about where they stand and while I love my Bruna deck I don't really need excessive testing for it. My meta the last few years has also become a lot more proactive and Bruna tends to favor interaction given how sticky she can be which makes it a little more challenging to race opponents without resorting to some rather extreme measure hatebears.

I believe I picked up and added a Serra's Emissary to my list but I don't believe I have played my list since then. In total I have probably only played something like 10 sessions of commander in the last 2 years and most of that was in the last six months. My bruna list just hasn't changed much given how many new ideas I have that need testing and tuning.

Esper Sentinel - My experience with this card is very close to it being completely unplayable in commander as a whole. I tested it a few times in some different lists and I was really not impressed with it. In general if you don't have it in play the first few turns of the game I don't think its worth playing in most lists. If you plan to pump it up it becomes a little more viable but only a little. Consistency is essentially its issue in this format being a 100 card singleton format this card loses a lot of its value if it isn't played the first few turns of a game. If you draw it anytime after turn six I think it essentially became a blank draw. I have a problem with cards that fall off as hard as this card does as on average you are going to draw a lot more cards later in the game just due to having more mana to play card draw effects. I see a lot of people hyping this card and my take on it is that it might be playable in a cEDH table where you expect the game to end by turn six but in a slow slog strategy its going to be a lot worse.

Ethersworn Canonist - I played around a bit with the one spellcast a turn thing. I think it can be played but I moved away from it towards some taxation instead as the limitation of one spell a turn was hindering a lot of my own ability to draw cards. I didn't really think about the fact that this one is a human but I am also not sure that I want to go back to the single spellcast a turn concept either. I think this concept plays a lot better to a draw go type of playstyle or this one specifically towards an artificer concept.

Not that anyone was asking but I keep eyeballing Cathar Commando and trying to figure out if I can house it somewhere. It is a human but I don't know that it really fits what I was going for with this list.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

KungfuHero
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by KungfuHero » 2 years ago

I agree about the sentinel. People really overvalue it. Cathar Commando has been simply ok. I tried it a few times and cut it. It's not bad by any means. I just think there's better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”