Good Guy Ghave: My Snackrifice (Rough Draft)

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 4 years ago

I've been having a lot of insomnia lately, so rather than stare at my ceiling I decided to throw a decklist together.

So, I've always really liked Ghave but I always avoided him due to the fact that he combos with everything. I tend to eschew combo in favor of win conditions that require some form of build up because I think that tends to make for better games. With this deck, I wanted to explore the token/counter aspect and have fun with lots of basic math. There's also a heavy aristocrats subtheme to help whittle life totals down or close out games with. Really, it's just your typical Ghave deck minus combo pieces and tutors, designed to be as fair as possible with an unfair commander. I haven't tested it at all, so I'm sure it's a little rough around the edges, which is why I'm posting it before I go through the effort of putting it together.

My biggest concern right now is that it's a little too commander-centric. While I'm running a few token producers outside of the command zone, Ghave himself is the biggest enabler for the numerous token/counter doublers or ETB trigger cards, and having such an obvious linchpin is bad deck construction. What token producers are actually worth playing outside of Ghave himself? Furthermore, what sac outlets that don't produce mana are worth playing? I think I hit most of the high notes but my memory isn't the best these days.

I'd love to have some feedback from Ghave players on their experiences with him, specifically with regards to cards I'm running or should be running.

Good Guy Ghave

Commander:

Ghave, Guru of Spores

Artifacts: 2

Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”