Savra - Eat it, eat it, open up your mouth and feed it.

DrSeaMonster
Pronoun: they / them

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

Alright, so. I've been posting my lists in other people's threads with the same Commander, but I think I should start making my own threads instead.

So this is my Savra, Queen of the Golgari, it's my third-oldest Commander deck, first made it back in like...09? It's been altered a lot over the past decade, but it's in a really good state right now. Savra is my oldest EDH deck that hasn't changed commanders.

Nothing but respect for my Matka.

It's nothing terribly innovative, lots of tokens, lots of recursion, lots of sacrificing, getting the maximum value out of spawning things then eating them, bringing them back and then eating them again.

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by DrSeaMonster 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Abzan aligned, Timmy/Johnny with a Vorthos activated ability.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

Tags:

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 4 years ago

31 basics seems... excessive. No other duals or utility lands? No Strip Mine or Bojuka Bog? Not even High Market as an additional sac outlet? There's a certain elegance in its simplicity but I feel like you could throw in at least 10 nonbasics and not feel any real adverse effects.

DrSeaMonster

Honestly, a G/x deck with enough land fetch barely needs duals at all, in my experience...

However, are there any other specific nonbasics you would suggest?

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 4 years ago

True, with a heavy emphasis on green and mana ramp that also fixes, duals aren't as important, but they still improve consistency. I would add Command Tower, Llanowar Wastes, and Twilight Mire to round out the duals that don't enter tapped. Beyond that, I would also look at Phyrexian Tower, Blast Zone, and Ancient Tomb, budget willing. Maybe some more land destruction like Wasteland/Tectonic Edge if you see a lot of powerful non-basics.

DrSeaMonster

I do have a phyrexian tower for this deck that I haven't slotted in yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”