[Spoiler] Chulane, Teller of Tales

DementedKirby
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DementedKirby » 4 years ago

Chulane, Teller of Tales

The moment I saw this legendary creature spoiled yesterday I immediately started brewing with it. It's so many great abilities all stitched together on a single three-colored commander. So, I decided to take a crack at this commander abusing it's triggered ability more than anything. I'll be using cheap creatures like mana dorks and cantrips while also doubling on the triggers with other cards that care about you casting creature spells. The deck has an incredible synergy with multiple ways to win. Additionally, it's very easy to go infinite with the deck. Thankfully, if you're against infinite combos, these can be stopped at any time or you can simply choose not to go infinite (since the cards are so good on their own and combined with other cards in the deck). I love whipping up spicy brews and hopefully Chulane isn't an exception.

By Type

Commander: 1

Planeswalkers: 1

Sorceries: 1

Approximate Total Cost:

The goal of the deck is to "storm" out by casting lots of cheap creatures, drawing into the deck, dropping lands into play untapped, and continue on. Wincons include the classic Craterhoof Behemoth stompy route, commander damage via Rhonas's Monument, decking yourself with Laboratory Maniac in play, using the "storm count" with Aetherflux Reservoir, pinging from each card drawn with Psychosis Crawler, amassing a huge army with Cathars's Crusade, etc.

This is definitely a rough draft of what I want to do with Chulane, Teller of Tales - especially since Commander 2019 and Throne of Eldrane will more than likely include great cards supporting this legendary creature. In the mean time, you can watch my deck tech video on Chulane here in the mean time.

Any comments and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated! I really like this commander and I've been looking to build an interesting GWU commander deck for quite some time. I was almost settled on just making an Estrid, the Masked enchantments deck but I feel like this deck is a better option for me, instead. It has so much potential for synergy and complex plays without being either too linear or too labyrinthine. It reminds of Sidisi, Brood Tyrant if Sidisi were the Sith version of Chulane (or Chulane the Jedi version of Sidisi).
My YouTube Channel:
The Commander Tavern
- a channel I just started where I'll post content like deck techs and gameplays.
Please support by checking it out. Maybe you'll like its content and subscribe! Thanks!

Return to “Decklists”