Gishath, Sun's Avatar - Politics are too complicated

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 4 years ago

This is the deck that I play when I don't feel like making decisions. It is very simple and streamlined.

Early Game → Ramp
Mid Game → Cast Gishath and attack to get dinos.
Late Game → Have you won yet? Yes → Cool!
No →
Is the board clogged?
No → Continue casting Gishath and attacking with dinos until every opponent is dead.

Note: Gishath triggers of damage dealt that means Rage Reflection, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Cathedral of War get you extra dinos!
Gishath, Sun's Avatar - Dino Beats

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by materpillar 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Big Dinos = Big Fun! It looks fun to play, really! I'm building Gishath as soon as everything rotates but I've been already juggling with the idea in online building. Same plan: ramp, dinos, more dinos and more dinos! The land base I came up with is really similar, only added the +3/+3 green nonbasics for an extra kick of Dinos! I also included a couple of graveyard shuffle effects for some dino recycling. I'm adding somw Huatlis for fun, too!

I haven't thought on extra attacks like you did but that really looks like a solid approach.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 4 years ago

Apex Altisaur looks so fantastic! I'm so excited! :3
Henlock wrote:
4 years ago
Big Dinos = Big Fun! It looks fun to play, really! I'm building Gishath as soon as everything rotates but I've been already juggling with the idea in online building. Same plan: ramp, dinos, more dinos and more dinos! The land base I came up with is really similar, only added the +3/+3 green nonbasics for an extra kick of Dinos! I also included a couple of graveyard shuffle effects for some dino recycling. I'm adding somw Huatlis for fun, too!

I haven't thought on extra attacks like you did but that really looks like a solid approach.
The deck is pretty fun. It is much better in smaller pods (3 people). It can be a little unfortunate if you commander general damage one player out and then a wrath sticks so you can't finish the game. It's a really fun deck that requires minimal energy to actually pilot which I'm really happy about.

Also, some tweaks to the deck.
+1 Mosswort Bridge
+1 Rogue's Passage
+1 Drumhunter
+1 Growth Spasm
+1 Ranger's Path
+1 Hashep Oasis

-1 Clifftop Retreat
-1 Brushland
-1 Fertilid
-1 Goreclaw, terror of qal sisma
-1 Nissa's Renewal

Rogue's passage is because I've found there's been some times the board got too clogged for Gishath to get through without help.
Mosswort Bridge to turn Crop Rotation into a draw spell.
Drumhunter is a loose test over Goreclaw, terror of qal sisma. I think cards might be more important than the extra mana ramp.
Growth Spasm and Ranger's Path to streamline the ramp a bit more.
Hashep Oasis as a second desert to tutor up for Scavenger Grounds.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”