Zurgo Helmsmasher - Taking very enthusiastic walks

DrSeaMonster
Pronoun: they / them

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

Alright, well. So, this is my Zurgo Helmsmasher. I have a personal rule to never make a basic "swing with one big guy" commander decks, so much like my Vorosh deck, I tried to make it interesting.

Part of it is a basic Zurgo voltron type thing, but the twist to this is that it's Indestructible Legends tribal with several sorcery speed board wipes. It's also got some extra combat step cards to make things a bit spicier.

And of course, you can equip Assault Suit on Zurgo and he can take a Very Enthusiastic Walk around the table.

Decklist

Commander

Instants

Split Cards

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by DrSeaMonster 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Abzan aligned, Timmy/Johnny with a Vorthos activated ability.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

Tags:

Rasputin101
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rasputin101 » 4 years ago

I love that you're strapping assault suit onto Zurgo! Genius!

pariah works amazingly if you're running a ton of dudes that won't die

ConstantMists
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ConstantMists » 4 years ago

I love me some Zurgo. Assault Suit is a card I also use in my Zurgo deck. Instead of a multi-creature Voltron build though I run Zurgo solo with almost 30 various boardwipes. One of the best cards to use with Zurgo is Chandra's Ignition . If played on a board with enough creatures, Zurgo will get enough counters that he can then 1 shot someone with commander damage.

If you are also playing indestructible tribal, a resolving Jokulhaups is pretty much an instant win. MLD is usually fine when it ends the game. Your playgroup may feel different, but mine is ok with that.
Current Commander decks: Zurgo Helmsmasher - Borborgymos Enraged - Elenda, the Dusk Rose - Doran, the Seige Tower - Sliver Overlord - Yarok, the Desecrated - Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Hazoret the Fervent - Purphoros, God of the Forge - Gisela, Blade of Goldnight - Marath, Will of the Wild - Ramos, Dragon Engine - Ruhan of the Fomori - Narset, Enlightened Master - Kokusho, the Evening Star - Mizzix of the Izmagnus - Dragonsoul Knight (Pauper) - Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas (Precon)

DrSeaMonster

ConstantMists wrote:
4 years ago
= One of the best cards to use with Zurgo is Chandra's Ignition . If played on a board with enough creatures, Zurgo will get enough counters that he can then 1 shot someone with commander damage.
Chandra's Ignition with Zurgo? Oh, you cheeky waffle...

I love it.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

DrSeaMonster

Updated with some improvements. I really need to get Embercleave into the deck and I'm not sure what to swap.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”