Samut, Voice of Dissent's Menagerie - For when you want More.

DrSeaMonster
Pronoun: they / them

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

Decklist

Equipment

Approximate Total Cost:

So this is my naya token/clone deck. It's all about creatures that make tokens when they ETB, then making tokens of the original creature, that makes more tokens. And having token multiplying effects so you when you get tokens you get more tokens that make even more tokens.

One of the rules I had when I built it initially is no cards that make "small" tokens. I've bent this rule in a couple places as the deck evolved, but the core idea remains the same. Every creature card that makes "big" tokens on ETB, as many "token copy" effects as I could fit in and as many token multipliers as I could justify.

The rest of the deck is mostly ramp, draw and answers.

Basically, you play one creature card and it explodes into several dozen creatures.

Overall, I'm pretty proud of the deck. I've never seen or heard of anything quite like it, and I really like the way it performs at the table. It's always fun and makes for some great explosive turns.
Last edited by DrSeaMonster 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Abzan aligned, Timmy/Johnny with a Vorthos activated ability.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

Tags:

ElderDrunknH1landr
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by ElderDrunknH1landr » 4 years ago

Cool list, "big" tokens has always appealed to me as a strategy, I used to run a similar deck with Trostani at the helm.

Have you considered adding Mimic Vat and Soul Separator? I used to run both and they performed well for me. Blade of Selves is great too. I would also suggest adding Druid's Deliverance. Instant speed populate is very good. You already have Trostani and the Guildmage but this is less mana and also less projected. The reason it is good is because you can populate tokens that would otherwise be deleted by board effects. Mimic Vat and Blade of Selves for example both say to exile your tokens at the end step on the card that makes the tokens, not the tokens themselves, that way if you make a token copy of a creature using one of them, and then populate that token, the populated token will stay forever. This works for all of your temporary token producers with the exception of Minion Reflector.

Also probably just a mistake but why is Mirror Match in there?
Decklists
Ayula Bearstorm
Feign Veil Teferi
Feldon Roulette Combo
Scarab God Pit Stop
Chain Veil Gideon
RB Enchantress
No List (yet)
Niv Mizzet Stax, Sidisi Buried Alive, Wizard Tribal, Crovax Legends, Marith the Awakener.

Big fan of tuned jank.

DrSeaMonster

Whoops. That's supposed to be Mirror March

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

lyonhaert
Answers: 4

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

Cool, I was hoping you'd post the list after I saw you mention it. I'm tickled to see Giant Adephage here. I have a creature to submit for your consideration, but there's a story attached.

I was once playing in a 6-person pod with my Ruric Thar deck and had put Defense of the Heart on field. Nobody had enough creatures yet after a wipe to trigger it, but someone halfway around the table played a second creature and then Ob Nixilis, Unshackled to force the matter and see what I'd do. I don't think they imagined I'd pick Giant Adephage and Homura, Human Ascendant. I sacrificed Homura, of course. I didn't get to attack with my 9/9 flying trample-bug because there was another board wipe very soon after, but I'm definitely going to try putting them together again and it'll be with Samut in the lead.

I'd been considering Nikya for rebuilding a stompy deck (with Ruric Thar in the 99), but after seeing a small handful of Samut lists recently I think she's a far better choice.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

DrSeaMonster

I really should consider Homura for more decks, especially if there's easy ways to kill it.

DrSeaMonster

Post by DrSeaMonster » 2 years ago

Updated list.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”