30+ Creature Type Changeling Tribal

Moonlighter
Lunatic
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Moonlighter » 2 years ago

Hmmm. @ISBPathfinder the problem here appears to be that no deck I run would ever do well in your meta, haha. We're so casual and no one has ever put their hands on an ABUR dual much less seen one. I say that not as an insult, but your group is cut-throat, and appears to be pretty restrictive rather than permissive. One of my guys runs a barely modified pre-con. That's the only deck he's put together. So Spellstutter Sprite is granted the room necessary to be great. Sounds like it wouldn't be good enough in your meta. It's no wonder your commander is indestructible, and makes your stuff indestructible!
Playing EDH: Alesha Who Smiles at Death; Baba Lysaga, Night Witch; Emiel the Blessed; Breena, the Demagogue; Xenagos, God of Revels; Seton, Krosan Protector; Phelddagrif.

Tags:

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 2 years ago

Moonlighter wrote:
2 years ago
I only have a few games in - but we get together every other Saturday morning, so I've got a few games coming. That said, I dropped Spellstutter Sprite once and it was clutch. So. Useful. In thinking on Tribal stuff, is there any reason not to run, say Vedalken Aethermage and/or Patron Wizard for a more controlly shell? The aethermage gives us a hilarious changeling/sliver bounce when needed, or operates as a tutor for a changeling or a wizard. I have a few of these laying around. I made a patron wizard deck a long time ago for kitchen table casual 60-card. My friends hated that deck, haha. I sold most of the Patrons when Inalla came out, as his price spiked high enough to build me another deck.
I highly doubt that Patron Wizard will be worth running. I think I'll try to give Vedalken Aethermage a shot though. I was thinking of cutting Kindred Discovery for Azami, Lady of Scrolls just because she's a lot more interesting of a card. Slotting in Vedalken Aethermage might actually make it a power neutral change (as I think Kindred Discovery is better in a vacuum).

I've found Cateran Summons to be really good. Two more mana in exchange for instant speed might still be worth it. Vedalken Aethermage being able to search for a Changeling, removal, counterspell or card advantage seems really good. It can also be used to bounce a Changeling which is nice. Plus some day I'll use it with Amoeboid Changeling to bounce an opposing creature to blow someone out.
ISBPathfinder wrote:
2 years ago
I guess my concern with Spellstutter Sprite (my build looks very different obviously) is that I don't see a lot of reason to run it over something like Arcane Denial. I guess the question is can you abuse it via flicker or bounce but outside of that I don't see a reason to run it other than being a slave to the tribal concept.

The reason to run a card like the sprite would ideally be that you plan to somehow generate additional value from it beyond its ETB. My other issue is that its a rather narrow application sort of card in that its going to be limited in what it can counter and its counter can get blown out by responsive interaction.

I am all for sweet synergy, I just see it as an under performing counterspell though. What additional value do you plan to make it better than just a one shot ETB?
I expect I'll do some flash granter + Champion Trigger + bounce effect. There's also creature type changing + bounce effect. All of those example cards have multiple redundant cards that do the same thing.

For specific non-redudant cards. The simplest is Emiel the Blessed doing a poor man's Deadeye Navigator + Mystic Snake impression. There's also ninjutsu. It's a wizard for Riptide Laboratory and Azami, Lady of Scrolls. There's also Maskwood Nexus and basically every card in the deck (like the previously mentioned Moggcatcher). Saying it synergizes with Maskwood Nexus and another card is basically like saying the sky is blue though.
ISBPathfinder wrote:
2 years ago
I am someone who heavily tends to favor a KISS concept though in building. I really dislike a lot of cards that require surviving a long time or a lot of other cards in play enabling them. I play on a very resilient and simplistic 1+1 sort of concept in part because I get targeted heavily and I don't expect anything I play on this turn to be alive by the next. I chose a resilient commander because I wanted to put a lot of emphasis in not getting swept hard. I remember when I used to play Edgar Markov for example. I remember a game where I got swept EVERY turn for 6 turns and in some cases more than once in a turn (they had to multi wrath me once). Its super important to me to not rely on overly complex boards. I was still in that game and I was the reason that every wrath happened due to having a strong card draw and low curve concept.
You forced more than 6 wrath spells in 6 turns and still weren't dead? Sounds like your opponents needed Disenchant/Counterspell on whatever card you had that said "draw cards" or they needed Rest in Peace. I don't care how well built your creature based deck is, if you've still got gas after forcing 6 sequential wrath spells then your opponents are clearly answering the wrong cards.

Anyway, on slightly different note...
Recent Deck Changes
Show
Hide
-1 Endemic Plague
+1 Silumgar, the Drifting Death
Feedback in my primer thread told me that Silumgar was overperforming for people. Also, I didn't notice that he had hexproof which made me way way more interested in him. Felt like an upgrade to Endemic Plague by making the wrath onesided despite how much I like casting Endemic Plague

-1 Lathliss, Dragon Queen
+1 Spawning Kraken
Since Silumgar was coming in, I needed to cut a dragon to keep my dragon count low. Lathliss is the weakest and Spawning Kraken does a very similar thing.

-1 Kindred Discovery
+1 Azami, Lady of Scrolls
On a straight power level analysis Kindred Discovery is likely better. I find I like Azami more from a card design perspective. I only cut her because of her UUU cost but I've dramatically increased the quality of the mana base since then. Kindred Discovery is certainly strong enough it might find its way back in.

-1 Bounty of Skemfar
+1 Vedalken Aethermage
Spellstutter sprite has been overperforming as has Cateran Summons. This is an instant speed version of Cateran Summons but it also finds Azami, Lady of Scrolls and has some niche applications bouncing my own Changelings.

+1 Gaea's Cradle
-1 Grand Coliseum
Card is good and I'm lucky enough to own one. It wasn't in because PlayEDH banned it in lower powerlevels but playing games in person is starting up again.

Tribbles

Post by Tribbles » 2 years ago

Sorry to break the thread of conversation, but a new card got revealed that is a straight auto-include in this deck. Immediately tutorable with Seahunter and The World Tree, too.
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Legendary Merfolk God. Indestructible, card draw, and gives other Merfolk Ward . Unreal.

Hope we get more like this (this is without mentioning the Patriarch's Bidding reprint!)
Error 404: Signature Not Found

materpillar
the caterpillar

I'm not as high on this card as you are. Ward 1, does very very little as no one is burning removal on my Changelings anyway.

Conditional indestructible is definitely nice. Attacking to draw a card is good, but not fantastic. I don't know that this card is any better than Seafloor Oracle and I found the Oracle to be underwhelming. Glimpse the Cosmos draws 2, scry (basically) 6 for the same mana cost. I'm not currently running any other Merfolk or Seahunter.

I feel like this synergizes more with @ISBPathfinder's wrath list. ISB, do you think this is sticky enough to be worth a slot in your list or do you expect it'll be too slow?

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

Its tough to say. Its fairly close to Ephara, God of the Polis in functionality and purpose. Its true that its one cheaper to cast but I am not crazy about it to be honest. It is nice that it gives you an attacker where as its not that likely that Ephara is ever a creature from at attacking / defending perspective but I don't think that its like, huge in my book.

I had two super rough games last night with my changelings. I will try to highlight the games in my thread soon enough. I wish I had more to take away from them other than that they were super rough and I felt like I had no control over anything that happened.
Moonlighter wrote:
2 years ago
Hmmm. @ISBPathfinder the problem here appears to be that no deck I run would ever do well in your meta, haha. We're so casual and no one has ever put their hands on an ABUR dual much less seen one. I say that not as an insult, but your group is cut-throat, and appears to be pretty restrictive rather than permissive. One of my guys runs a barely modified pre-con. That's the only deck he's put together. So Spellstutter Sprite is granted the room necessary to be great. Sounds like it wouldn't be good enough in your meta. It's no wonder your commander is indestructible, and makes your stuff indestructible!
Yea...... I had someone put like 5 eldrazi into play and then make everyone discard their hands on my turn 4, their 5 last night.... It was super dumb.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

materpillar
the caterpillar

ISBPathfinder wrote:
2 years ago
I had two super rough games last night with my changelings. I will try to highlight the games in my thread soon enough. I wish I had more to take away from them other than that they were super rough and I felt like I had no control over anything that happened.

Yea...... I had someone put like 5 eldrazi into play and then make everyone discard their hands on my turn 4, their 5 last night.... It was super dumb.
So a "you have to be running U or you lose meta". Fuuuuuuuuun. Curious to see your highlights.

narglfrob

Post by narglfrob » 2 years ago

So, something I just realized browsing some of the other threads, Harmonic Prodigy doubles all triggers, not just ETB triggers.

I used to run Naban, Dean of Iteration and was mostly happy with it, but this triggering off of so many more things increases the median-case of this card significantly! (doesn't improve the floor, but maybe the improved median and high ceiling make-up for that).

materpillar
the caterpillar

narglfrob wrote:
2 years ago
So, something I just realized browsing some of the other threads, Harmonic Prodigy doubles all triggers, not just ETB triggers.

I used to run Naban, Dean of Iteration and was mostly happy with it, but this triggering off of so many more things increases the median-case of this card significantly! (doesn't improve the floor, but maybe the improved median and high ceiling make-up for that).
Unfortunately, Harmonic Prodigy only doubles the triggers of Shaman/Wizards. Naban, Dean of Iteration doubles the triggers of anything that a wizard causes with an ETB. That means that Naban, Dean of Iteration would double up Reaper King whereas Harmonic Prodigy would not. Harmonic Prodigy doubles Azami, Lady of Scrolls whereas Naban, Dean of Iteration does not. Just depends on your card choices.

narglfrob

Woops your right, misread the card! (Note, it doesn't work with Azami either since it's an activated ability). Oh well, would have been sweet.

On the other hand, Step Through indeed looks sweet. Base case it's effectively a 2cmc changeling by fetching Universal Automaton, but then has tons of upside as it can fetch removal for any permanent type (Masked Vandal, Crib Swap), recursion (Graveshifter), countermagic (Spellstutter Sprite), Card Draw (Azami) or a bomb (Morophon). A big upgrade over Vedalken Aethermage, dropping the mana cost by 33%!

offspring

Post by offspring » 2 years ago

I'd like to add a bit to the discussion (which is great) on Spellstutter Sprite. It has been good for me. In my opinion, it's actually quite simple: I like to run some amount of spot removal, counters fit that category in my book, and this is one of the really few tribal counters in the game. It being tutorable once you jumped trough some hoops (I still run Moggcatcher, Seahunter and Skyshroud Poacher) is an obvious upside, and once I have some kind of boardstate, a tutorable counter is always a plus. The same goes for bouncing it trough Wirewood Symbiote (after jumping trough the same kinds of hoops). I guess that sure, I know that there are more efficient counterspells. And yeah, there are better ones as well. Just not any that are thematically fitting. I tend to run a lot of the more efficient ones in other lists already, and I really like this deck to be more on-theme while still able to get things done. I don't really remember having her in my hand and not being able to counter a treat that I wanted answered, but that's not to say it hasn't happened. In any case, she's been really good the few times I've needed it.

I like the new Step Through quite a bit, but am still not convinced it will be better for me than Cateran Summons (which finds Seahunter or Vedalken Aethermage (which I'm not running due to its cost, but has the upside of potential bounce). That's mainly because of the card itself, which is a 5mv sorcery that I'm quite sure I'm never going to cast and is dead in my graveyard.

Elywood

Post by Elywood » 2 years ago

I've been getting hosed more frequently than I'd like in my meta lately by a lot of the Torpor Orb and Linvala, Keeper of Silence type of effects to the point where I'm wanting to add more spot removal... I still want to keep the tribal theme so I'm trying to avoid the premier spot removal spells that are fairly obvious, but do you guys play any tribal specific removals (minus crib swap) that you'd recommend?

materpillar
the caterpillar

Elywood wrote:
2 years ago
I've been getting hosed more frequently than I'd like in my meta lately by a lot of the Torpor Orb and Linvala, Keeper of Silence type of effects to the point where I'm wanting to add more spot removal... I still want to keep the tribal theme so I'm trying to avoid the premier spot removal spells that are fairly obvious, but do you guys play any tribal specific removals (minus crib swap) that you'd recommend?
My removal suite is Crib Swap, Tuktuk Scrapper, Dragon Tempest, Spit Flame, Silumgar, the Drifting Death, Kogla, the Titan Ape, Knowledge Exploitation, Reaper King, Patron of the Vein, Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves, Peer Pressure, and Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate (kinda).

Basically, I'm probably gonna get blown out by Torpor Orb/Linvala, Keeper of Silence preeeeeeetty hard. Unfortunately, the answers that are good against Linvala, Keeper of Silence are bad against Torpor Orb.

Linvala, Keeper of Silence - My favorite non-Crib Swap removal is Spit Flame. I find it is very easy to use it to price out problematic low CMC commanders. Dire Tactics is another very solid removal spell. New Blood is a slightly weaker Peer Pressure. There's also a lot of random wrath spells that clear out Linvala, Keeper of Silence like Crux of Fate, Realm-Cloaked Giant // Cast Off and Endemic Plague. A bit deeper is Haakon, Stromgald Scourge + Nameless Inversion cast twice.

Torpor Orb is a huge pain to deal with. The best answers for this off hand are Rootgrapple, Goblin Trashmaster (yay Moggcatcher/Goblin Matron), Necrotic Sliver. Feline Sovereign can also, but I've found it to be rather poor overall.

Some much much looser answers random tribal removal cards are General Kudro of Drannith, Keeper of the Nine Gales, Gallows at Willow Hill, and Devout Chaplain.
offspring wrote:
2 years ago
I like the new Step Through quite a bit, but am still not convinced it will be better for me than Cateran Summons (which finds Seahunter or Vedalken Aethermage (which I'm not running due to its cost, but has the upside of potential bounce). That's mainly because of the card itself, which is a 5mv sorcery that I'm quite sure I'm never going to cast and is dead in my graveyard.
Step Through can also be done at instant speed and is effectively uncounterable, which is a really huge upgrade over Cateran Summons. I don't know that that is worth not being able to find Moggcatcher and an extra mana. Personally, I'm going to try Vedalken Aethermage because I can see some situations that I'd actually cast it since it has a bunch of really niche synergies (wooo Azami, Lady of Scrolls and The Scarab God). I think I'd roughly never cast Step Through. I'll keep any eye while I'm testing it to see if 1 reduction actually matters and if I'd ever cast Vedalken Aethermage vs Step Through.

Elywood

Post by Elywood » 2 years ago

materpillar wrote:
2 years ago
My removal suite is Crib Swap, Tuktuk Scrapper, Dragon Tempest, Spit Flame, Silumgar, the Drifting Death, Kogla, the Titan Ape, Knowledge Exploitation, Reaper King, Patron of the Vein, Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves, Peer Pressure, and Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate (kinda).

Basically, I'm probably gonna get blown out by Torpor Orb/Linvala, Keeper of Silence preeeeeeetty hard. Unfortunately, the answers that are good against Linvala, Keeper of Silence are bad against Torpor Orb.

Linvala, Keeper of Silence - My favorite non-Crib Swap removal is Spit Flame. I find it is very easy to use it to price out problematic low CMC commanders. Dire Tactics is another very solid removal spell. New Blood is a slightly weaker Peer Pressure. There's also a lot of random wrath spells that clear out Linvala, Keeper of Silence like Crux of Fate, Realm-Cloaked Giant // Cast Off and Endemic Plague. A bit deeper is Haakon, Stromgald Scourge + Nameless Inversion cast twice.

Torpor Orb is a huge pain to deal with. The best answers for this off hand are Rootgrapple, Goblin Trashmaster (yay Moggcatcher/Goblin Matron), Necrotic Sliver. Feline Sovereign can also, but I've found it to be rather poor overall.

Some much much looser answers random tribal removal cards are General Kudro of Drannith, Keeper of the Nine Gales, Gallows at Willow Hill, and Devout Chaplain.
Hmmm... yea unfortunately most of those are, like you said, good for one or the other and I'm already struggling to find slots to cut haha. Spit Flame seems interesting albeit a bit expensive cmc wise. I wonder if maybe I should just run a few modal board wipes like Cleansing Nova even though its not tribal :/

Moonlighter
Lunatic

Post by Moonlighter » 2 years ago

Nullmage Shepherd? Not tribal but versatile.
Playing EDH: Alesha Who Smiles at Death; Baba Lysaga, Night Witch; Emiel the Blessed; Breena, the Demagogue; Xenagos, God of Revels; Seton, Krosan Protector; Phelddagrif.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

I know its not a tribal suggestion, but has anyone considered Gaddock Teeg in these decks? Most of the lists I have been seeing are like 50-60 creature concepts and it looks like the list in the OP only has like 4 cards it would keep you from casting. Teeg stops a number of sweepers but also just a number of reasonable spells from happening.

EDIT: Goblin Trashmaster could be an option to answer Torpor Orb. It also fits the goblin package thing for anyone running Moggcatcher.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

materpillar
the caterpillar

ISBPathfinder wrote:
2 years ago
I know its not a tribal suggestion, but has anyone considered Gaddock Teeg in these decks? Most of the lists I have been seeing are like 50-60 creature concepts and it looks like the list in the OP only has like 4 cards it would keep you from casting. Teeg stops a number of sweepers but also just a number of reasonable spells from happening.
Teeg would certainly do work in the deck. I've find he tends to draw a lot of groans whenever he hits the board. I personally try to steer away from cards that do that. You analysis of it slotting into these decks as wrath protection feels really spot on though (theme slavery aside).

offspring

I'm not one to not run a card because it doesn't synergize with one or some other cards in the deck or even if it's a nonbo with some, but running a card that would stop us from casting the undoubtedly best card in our deck (Maskwood Nexus) and some of the better ones (Cryptic Gateway, Vanquisher's Banner) is not something I'm willing to do.

Goblin Trashmaster is one I've been considering for a while. The 4mv is a bit steep, but there will always be targets for him. I'm not sure how happy I am with the saccing part though. I do run Haakon, Stromgald Scourge but it's not a major goal for my list, and I don't see too many Living Deaths in my meta. These choices are hard - it's a very, very tight list.

Tribbles

Gaddock Teeg doesn't benefit from good tribal support - Kithkins and Advisors are pretty forgotten archetypes - and is a stax piece which most players don't like playing against. If your meta is more competitive or controlling, he might be alright.

@offspring: Are you using Goblin Trashmaster in addition to Tuktuk Scrapper or in place of? Saccing itself to instant speed destroy an artifact is nice, especially with abilities being harder to interact with, but if you're not leaning massively into reanimation, 4mv is ultimately quite steep for what you're getting. Especially so if you're not using Scrapper, as is easier than , plus you can blink it and deal damage.

Relatedly, goblins seem to not be mentioned too much on this thread, but they're one of the best supported creature types! if we already have Moggcatcher then I can see Muxus, Goblin Grandee and Goblin Recruiter being very relevant to tutor up and rip a bunch of "goblins" from our deck onto the battlefield. Muxus being 6mv definitely hurts the curve, but he's just the best one I can think of. Things like Boggart Birth Rite would also be relevant. I don't know, just a thought.

materpillar
the caterpillar

offspring wrote:
2 years ago
Goblin Trashmaster is one I've been considering for a while. The 4mv is a bit steep, but there will always be targets for him. I'm not sure how happy I am with the saccing part though. I do run Haakon, Stromgald Scourge but it's not a major goal for my list, and I don't see too many Living Deaths in my meta. These choices are hard - it's a very, very tight list.
I personally found sacrificing a Changeling to be too steep a cost for Goblin Trashmaster but I don't run any Haakon, Stromgald Scourge or graveyard synergies.
Tribbles wrote:
2 years ago
Relatedly, goblins seem to not be mentioned too much on this thread, but they're one of the best supported creature types! if we already have Moggcatcher then I can see Muxus, Goblin Grandee and Goblin Recruiter being very relevant to tutor up and rip a bunch of "goblins" from our deck onto the battlefield. Muxus being 6mv definitely hurts the curve, but he's just the best one I can think of. Things like Boggart Birth Rite would also be relevant. I don't know, just a thought.
I think Muxus, Goblin Grandee isn't going to be good enough without a bunch of work. If you want that effect I imagine Gishath, Sun's Avatar would be a lot better even though it is more expensive.

I used to run Wort, Boggart Auntie but I found her to be too slow. I also ran Goblin Warchief but it was just too weak of an effect. Goblin Recruiter is really solid (especially with Muxus, Goblin Grandee) because you can stack a pile with Realmwalker on top and go card positive very easily. Goblin Matron is another tutor if you're going deeper into goblin stuffs. I've found a lot of the better goblin cards are sacrifice based so I have little use for them.

narglfrob

The mention of Goblin Recruiter made me recall a realization I had about Dwarven Recruiter recently that I wanted to share here.

The other week, I was musing on the potential of Dwarven Recruiter to fetch both a lot of changelings, and the darling of the deck Magda, Brazen Outlaw, but how ultimately the 3cmc, the lack of impact the turn you play it, and the telegraphed nature of the play, and the fact that he can tutor a bunch of enablers (changelings) but no payoff (other than Magda, but you don't get any significant value out of Magda right away). This means, unless you are fortunate enough to have something like a Risen Reef or similar already in play, the ability of Dwarven Recruiter to generate value is very slow. And, because the Dwarven Recruiter play is so telegraphed, the likleyhood of untapping with said Risen Reef is low (with a threatening stacked topdeck).

Consider the following scenario (assuming no Risen Reef or equivalent):
  • Turn n: Play Dwarven Recruiter
  • Opponent's turn n: They untap, with knowledge of the recuiter pile coming.
  • Turn n+1: Play Realmwalker, Magda, Brazen Outlaw and a bunch of changelings (as mana allows). Option to attack with Dwarven Recruiter for 1 treasure.
  • Opponent's turn n+1: They untap, and see a Magda in play with 4-6 changelings+dwarves in play, which is very threatening
  • Turn n+2: Only now can you swing with said changelings and presumably hit the 5 treasure threshold.
The above scenario is an important base case by which to evaluate Dwarven Recruiter, and unfortunately is just too slow too telegraphed in my opinion to be worth it, despite its latent potential.

Ok, so that leads to my realization the other week, and the interaction between Mothdust Changeling and Magda, Brazen Outlaw.

Consider the following new and improved scenario (assumes no Risen Reef or equivalent):
  • Turn n: Play Dwarven Recruiter. Stack (top to bottom): Realmwalker, Magda, Brazen Outlaw, Mothdust Changeling, Universal Automaton
  • Opponent's turn n: They untap, with knowledge of the recruiter pile coming, but have limited ability to interact.
  • Turn n+1: Play Realmwalker naming Dwarf, then play the remaining 3 cards off the top (5 mana total). Using the ability of Mothdust Changeling you can now tap your 5 dwarves in play (4 cast this turn, 1 from Dwarven Recruiter last turn) at instant speed for free, threatening a Magda activation.
In my mind, this seriously reduces the interaction footprint and increases the speed at which you can threaten a Magda activation, which catapaults my opinion of Dwarven Recruiter.

Currently he's in my list, but I have yet to try him in action.

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 2 years ago

I just realized that Grist, the Hunger Tide fullfills the tribal criteria and he can actually be good at the Haakon versions here.
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Teneb, the Harvester AntiBlack Pestilence
Dakkon Blackblade Control
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain
Minsc, Beloved Ranger Win(nie)s
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis Dredge/Reanimator
Hans Eriksson Smash

Tribbles

Sefir wrote:
2 years ago
I just realized that Grist, the Hunger Tide fullfills the tribal criteria and he can actually be good at the Haakon versions here.
Grist (at >= 1 loyalty) + Goblin Recruiter/Dwarven Recruiter = All changelings in the graveyard (food for Haakon or Patriarch's Bidding?), and a tonne of loyalty counters on Grist. Turn after would be potentially 15+ damage to each opponent? Hmmm.. Having a sec outlet on the card is convenient too. This is worth trying out, definitely.

It's a crying shame there isn't much Insect tribal support, though. Maybe Grist is a sign of some things in the pipeline?

offspring

So, Maro's teasers for the upcoming D&D set (found here: https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/6 ... lms-teaser) might contain some interesting things for us:
  • a legendary creature that makes a legendary Hamster creature token
  • "Spend this mana only to cast Dragon spells or activate abilities of Dragons." shows up in a rules text
  • "Skeletons, Vampires and Zombies" shows up in a rules text
  • And a bunch of new creature types (Citizen, Tiefling, Gnome, Halfling, Beholder)

materpillar
the caterpillar

I haven't gotten any games in the past few weeks with this deck so I don't really have a whole lot of new insight on recent cards.

I'm a big fan of D&D, I also really like Tieflings so I hope we get some tribal stuff for some really random tribes like that.

"Spend this mana only to cast Dragon spells or activate abilities of Dragons." is cool, but I'm already playing too many dragon cards. D:

Tribbles

How have the MH2 cards been treating everyone?

New Dwarf card in AFR too: Plundering Barbarian. Artefact removal or ramp on ETB. Makes Dwarven Recruiter and Magda, Brazen Outlaw a lot better. I've not had time to look through the initial translations of spoiler cards, but this seems like a potential include - for Tuktuk Scrapper, maybe. Any other cards people have noticed?

Orb of Dragonkind is the card with the Dragon text mentioned above. Seems like okay ramp, but with no way to recur it the second ability seems weak?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”