[Kaalia-V] On Bloodied Wings

Sanity_Eclipse
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 4 years ago

On Bloodied Wings Your Judgment Comes

"Image"

Description

I remember the first Commander decks coming out. And how I thought I was going to make Clerics with her. Kaalia is one of, if not the deck I've put the most effort and time into.

Decklist

On Bloodied Wings

Almighty Lady

Approximate Total Cost:

Information

Game Plan:
- Use acceleration to ramp into Kaalia, with discard, removal, and protection.
- Draw and Tutors to find the key cards, in general and for different match-ups.
- Attack with Kaalia. Several ADD drops end the game, either legitimately or by creating a situation opponent's can't recover from in time, while the rest beat face effectively.
- End the game as quickly as possible. Effective creature beats, Armageddon, Liliana.

META - BUDGET - COMPETITIVENESS
My other decks are going to play this, and each other.
I'll spring for cards, when I can. Moat etc is gonna be out of the question.

Card Choices

Planeswalker
Show
Hide
Last edited by Sanity_Eclipse 4 years ago, edited 30 times in total.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

Tags:

Sanity_Eclipse

Basics Art

"Image""Image""Image"
"Image""Image""Image"

General Considerations
Last edited by Sanity_Eclipse 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Breya -

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 4 years ago

Talismans are strictly better than diamonds - and the full cycle of ten is complete now. 😉

Likewise, there's two on-colour lands like horizon canopy we can play (silent clearing & sunbaked canyon).

Your colourless land count reads high to me for a deck with 37 lands. I think that's an opportunity cost.

SoLaS is pretty slow and I dropped it years ago. Yosei-Lock was win-more. I'd imagine this is a safe cut, but if you want more protection, I'd rock Swiftfoot Boots instead.

If you wanted a not linear Earnest Fellowship, Righteous War is a card I recently discovered. It's benefits are not *quite* on Fellowship's abilities though however Righteous War has the added effect of not just being a punt card vs Animar.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Sanity_Eclipse

Fair points all around.
3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
Talismans are strictly better than diamonds - and the full cycle of ten is complete now. 😉
Yay complete cycles! I'm gonna order some stuff with my paycheck this week, I'll grab a few of them all probably.
3drinks wrote:Likewise, there's two on-colour lands like horizon canopy we can play (Silent clearing & Sunbaked Canyon).

Your colourless land count reads high to me for a deck with 37 lands. I think that's an opportunity cost.
Arcane Lighthouse, Homeward Path, and Rishadan Port seem like safe cuts. My other decks don't have heavy theft or crazy OP lands, and we're trying to be faster and more disruptive than shroudy Voltron-types. I'm thinking I could throw in 1 of each Snow basic over them, at least for the time being.

The lands will probably be one at a time acquisition, but I'll get them.
3drinks wrote:SoLaS is pretty slow and I dropped it years ago. Yosei-Lock was win-more. I'd imagine this is a safe cut, but if you want more protection, I'd rock Swiftfoot Boots instead.

If you wanted a not linear Earnest Fellowship, Righteous War is a card I recently discovered. It's benefits are not *quite* on Fellowship's abilities though however Righteous War has the added effect of not just being a punt card vs Animar.
Fair. Swift for SoLaS it is. Now I need to find a place for my shiny Masterpiece SoLaS...

Interesting card. Might pick one up and see how I like it.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Breya -

3drinks

[mention]Sanity_Eclipse[/mention], my favourite benefit of Righteous War is, because it's completely one-sided, I no longer have to diversify my removal any more and can play multi-colour removals again. He says, not actually playing multi-colour removals right now.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 4 years ago

As a dragon suggestion, why not Scourge of Kher Ridges? Keeps the board clear of groundlings and, if desperate, can also clear the skies while also being a solid heavy hitter.

3drinks

benjameenbear wrote:
4 years ago
As a dragon suggestion, why not Scourge of Kher Ridges? Keeps the board clear of groundlings and, if desperate, can also clear the skies while also being a solid heavy hitter.
The biggest strike against it is it's cmc. That 6RR is pretty uncastable outside of Kaalia's ability, and if you're relying on Kaalia, then Balefire Dragon is far superior (no mana to activate).

Thunder Dragon is usually better too, and is 1ess to cast.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”