Lord Windgrace, Lands + Eldrazi

xeroxedfool
Pronoun: he / him

Post by xeroxedfool » 4 years ago

Lord Windgrace, by xeroxedfool
This is my version of Lord Windgrace. I have built the deck to maximize playing extra lands and drawing cards. These are my two favorite rules to break in MTG: Draw one card play one land. I have also included a few Eldrazi, another thing I really enjoy doing. There is a little bit of tension between the graveyard strategy and Eldrazi Titans. I'm willing to have this bad interaction to include some of my favorite cards into the deck. There are some Modern Horizons cards I would like to include as well such as Wrenn and Six, Prismatic Vista, Nurturing Peatland. I will acquire these cards and add them when I can.

Lands Matter

Commander:

Lands:

Tri Lands:

Dual Lands:

Basic Lands:

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by xeroxedfool 4 years ago, edited 18 times in total.
They're both Griffith, get it?

Tags:

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

You might like some ideas from my Gitrog deck that does the same thing.

https://deckbox.org/sets/1368747

Probably the most unique thing I added to this archetype (I think) are the land-drop tappers. More 1 cmc land drop effects is just, well, really strong for achieving mass landfall - and also critical mass of turn 1 ramp.
I would also consider crop rotation of course.

Some other tech I enjoy:

* GSZ + arbor
* Volrath's Stronghold loops
* Bolas's Citadel
* sensei's divining top for setting up off-the-top land plays (would also enable you use windgrace by tapping top to get a land, discarding the land to draw two including top - if needed).
* Ancient Tomb obv. great with 5 cmc commander
* Yawgmoth's will - great when filling the yard, niche one turn crucible if needed
* Carpet of Flowers another fairly reliable turn 1 ramp spell
* Finale of Devastation has been spectacular at closing games once you've made some big mana.

xeroxedfool

Great suggestions, I need to get the one drop spells you mentioned. I meant to add a Crop Rotation a while back and I like the creatures that enable extra lands.

I will make some updates and post here when I implement some of the changes you mentioned.

xeroxedfool

pokken wrote:
4 years ago
You might like some ideas from my Gitrog deck that does the same thing.

https://deckbox.org/sets/1368747

Probably the most unique thing I added to this archetype (I think) are the land-drop tappers. More 1 cmc land drop effects is just, well, really strong for achieving mass landfall - and also critical mass of turn 1 ramp.
I would also consider crop rotation of course.

Some other tech I enjoy:

* GSZ + arbor
* Volrath's Stronghold loops
* Bolas's Citadel
* sensei's divining top for setting up off-the-top land plays (would also enable you use windgrace by tapping top to get a land, discarding the land to draw two including top - if needed).
* Ancient Tomb obv. great with 5 cmc commander
* Yawgmoth's will - great when filling the yard, niche one turn crucible if needed
* Carpet of Flowers another fairly reliable turn 1 ramp spell
* Finale of Devastation has been spectacular at closing games once you've made some big mana.
I went ahead and implemented some of the changes you suggested with the cards I had. I added a Sakura-Tribe Scout in place of Nesting Dragon. I replaced Savage Lands with Ancient Tomb.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

Let me know how it goes :)

xeroxedfool

Removed:
Canyon Slough, Sheltered Thicket, Painful Truths, Solemn Simulacrum, Night's Whisper, Explosive Vegetation

Added:
Bayou, Lotus Field, Tectonic Reformation, Elvish Reclaimer, Crop Rotation, Skyshroud Ranger

The cards are listed in order. So I removed Canyon Slough for Bayou and so on. If anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer as to why.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”