Emmara: the Tappen-ing

Tryno
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Tryno » 4 years ago

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by Tryno 4 years ago, edited 6 times in total.

Authored
CommanderIdentity
Erebos
Vrondiss

Co-Authored
CommanderIdentity
Anje

Tags:

shermanido37

Post by shermanido37 » 4 years ago

Earthcraft + Pili-Pala = infinite tap and untap triggers.
Earthcraft + Patrol Signaler = infinite tapped tokens
They seem pretty good for shenanigans and for ending the game.

I would consider cards like Springleaf Drum, Loam Dryad, Saruli Caretaker. They're probably worse than mana elves, but they fix your mana.

Tryno

Post by Tryno » 4 years ago

shermanido37 wrote:
4 years ago
Earthcraft + Pili-Pala = infinite tap and untap triggers.
Earthcraft + Patrol Signaler = infinite tapped tokens
They seem pretty good for shenanigans and for ending the game.

I would consider cards like Springleaf Drum, Loam Dryad, Saruli Caretaker. They're probably worse than mana elves, but they fix your mana.
I don't like building around cards in my deck that are so unique such as Earthcraft, especially since this deck isn't combo.

Let's assume I draw Pili-Pala without Earthcraft. It would be a dead card. Now assume I draw both, Pili-Pala and Earthcraft. Now I have two dead cards. Only until I have something that watches taps will these two dead cards do something.

Patrol Signaler might be interesting for generating tokens, but this deck currently isn't having any issues with making tokens. I will need to keep this in mind for now. Playing this for the combo is not optimal though, however Glare of Subdual plus this sounds kind of sweet, albeit potentially mana intensive.

I can't say I have had any mana issues since I have played this deck. My mana curve is low and I don't need to do much to get an unreasonable board presence.

Sept 13, 2019 Update
Gauntlets of LightSymbiotic Deployment: Gauntlets is too inefficient, and I have been begging for more draw whenever I have been playing.
Gideon, Ally of ZendikarHuatli, Radiant Champion: ISBPathfinder mentioned this to me, and she seems easy to pop over two turns with this commander. Tapping Emarra to generate a token that draws a card sounds amazing.
Mirari's WakeOhran Frostfang: Mirari's Wake usually causes me to lose tempo because I play it and hope it is still alive for my next turn. Ohran, makes my tokens easier to connect with and makes them draw.

Short List
Sylvan Scrying: Unfortunately, this is not enough value for what it allows. It is still good, I am unsure how much I like it.

Jan 25, 2020
Sylvan ScryingIdol of Oblivion: Draw... I needs it.
Pir's WhinHeliod's Intervention: Pir's Whim is a good card, but I don't like the fact that I can't choose what gets destroyed. For the same mana, I can choose the targets, which is worth it to me.

Authored
CommanderIdentity
Erebos
Vrondiss

Co-Authored
CommanderIdentity
Anje

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”