The Urzanator!

Theoric
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Theoric » 3 years ago

benjameenbear wrote:
3 years ago
@Theoric
Has Painter's Servant been as effective as you had hoped it would be? I'm not sure if you're still actively playing this deck, but I'm looking to tweak my Memnarch deck and really like the idea of Painter's Servant + Ugin, the Spirit Dragon to repeatedly exile lands and mana sources. I was considering Mycosynth Lattice + Karn, the Great Creator but someone pointed out to me Dockside Extortionist being a thing so I scrapped that idea.
I haven't run painter's servant in a long time (although I kept the image there because it was pretty) and that's mainly because it was so easy to remove that pulling off a combo with it rarely worked.
I don't see the concern over dockside extortionist since karn makes their treasure tokens unusable, unless I'm missing something. I prefer the lattice + karn combo since the damage it causes hurts only your opponents.
On a sidenote, I just realized that changing my website messed up some of the images so I'll fix those.

Tags:

benjameenbear
Pronoun: he / him

Post by benjameenbear » 3 years ago

It's more a concern of drawing the Lattice and casting it without Karn in play, which I could see myself doing if I have an active Memnarch in play. Otherwise, it's a 6 CMC artifact that doesn't do anything by itself, which is hard to justify.

nobody

Post by nobody » 3 years ago

hi folks, I opened a foil urza from a random three packs I got from my local game store and I Thought to myself. ""this must be a sign from the havens ". so i was hoping to look for pointers as I want the deck to be more casual then cedh tier with around 20 creatures an 16 non-creature artifacts. thanks in advance!

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 3 years ago

@nobody
The heavens have certainly smiled upon you! Mayhap it's a sign from the Lunar New Year of good fortune to come.

There's a couple of ways you could go with the specifications you've mentioned. Some creatures off the top of my head that you could include for an effective Urza list:
For non-creature artifacts, I'd go heavy with mana rocks like Everflowing Chalice, Sol Ring, and the like but would also look at cards like Vedalken Shackles, Bident of Thassa, Witching Well, Sculpting Steel, and Unwinding Clock. Totally depends on how competitive you want to be and what your budget is.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”