NoNeedToBragoBoutIt
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Bearserker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt » 1 month ago

Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle

Last Deck Update: 09.07.19, Avg. CMC: 2,11
Disclaimer
Show
  • My decklists are actual paper lists, unusual includes/excludes might be meta calls, pet cards or overlap and budget considerations.
  • Our playgroup unanimously house banned both Sol Ring and Mana Crypt, so don't expect them in here.
  • I'm not a fan of Mass Land Destruction, Extra Turns and Infinite Combos, don't expect them either.
Mono White Weenies
Approximate Total Cost:

History, Summary & Power Level
2016 through 2018, i've built a cycle of mono-colored decks, with Odric, Master Tactician as a Soldier Tribal Deck being my pick for mono . The deck was solid, but even considering its weak color it was a little too "cute" to keep up in my meta regularily.
I was in search for an alternative commander for quite some while, until Dominaria was released and Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle inspired me to come up with an Egg build around her.

The deck wants to abuse cheap artifacts that draw cards like Conjurer's Bauble to gain value of reanimating creatures like Militia Bugler, Wall of Omens, Skyscanner and Matter Reshaper. 0 Artifact Creatures such as Memnite, Ornithopter, Phyrexian Walker and Shield Sphere are amazing, as they both reanimate creatures as well as being targets for my commander.
Aegis of the Gods and True Believer are essential to keep your graveyard safe, while Grand Abolisher protects your durdle overall.
The deck usually wins by flooding the board, digging for a sac outlet as soon as possible, rebuilding faster after board wipes and swinging for lethal.

Due to the color restrictions and scarcity of great wheeling effects and sac outlets in the deck has its limitations. It's not a fast deck, but certainly a resilient one. If you're able to stay alive long enough, chances are you may be in for the win after all.

Power Level:

Let me know what you think of the deck! I'm always happy to get input.
Last edited by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt 16 hours ago, edited 1 time in total.
Expand Signature
Current Commanders:
MonoAlliedEnemy
Teshar Brago Kambal
Talrand Lazav Keranos
Gonti Grenzo Slimefoot
Zada Omnath Avacyn
Ezuri Mirri Edric
Traxos

Tags:

SafetyValve

Post by SafetyValve » 4 weeks ago

Hello fellow Teshar player! Coming here from the comments you put on my own Teshar list. I see you're going more for the "eggs" route which is different from mine, so I won't really be looking at cards like Chromatic Sphere though there are some other cards I am curious about adding to my own deck:

Aegis of the Gods, True Believer: How useful is giving yourself hexproof? It's a killer effect on paper, but my playgroup tends not to use single-player, targeted hate cards. Curious if this is a meta call or if this is actually better than I thought.

Lesser Masticore: How is this guy working for you? When he was spoiled I thought he might be a neat addition.

Forsake the Worldly: Why this over Return to Dust or Crush Contraband? Is it just a budget thing?

Sequestered Stash: Great choice, I keep forgetting to add this to my list. This is mostly just to remind myself.

NoNeedToBragoBoutIt
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Bearserker

Post by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt » 4 weeks ago

SafetyValve wrote:
4 weeks ago
Aegis of the Gods, True Believer: How useful is giving yourself hexproof?

Lesser Masticore: How is this guy working for you?

Forsake the Worldly: Why this over Return to Dust or Crush Contraband?
Great to see that i reminded you of Sequestered Stash just like you reminded me of Stonecloaker! It's these little things that make communities like this one work for me.

Aegis of the Gods and True Believer can at times work against X-spell slinging decks, but most of the time they protect my graveyard. Ever noticed how Bojuka Bog, Tormod's Crypt and others specifically say "target player's graveyard"? Well, how about no? Being able to return said protection to the battlefield is neat.

I chose Forsake the Worldly since it's the best combination of utility (cycling or removal) and CMC. Crush Contraband is a good card - an exiling Hull Breach at instant speed after all - but most of the time there's only one really worrysome artifact or enchantment and the second one is just welcome collateral. If wouldn't want to pay 4 mana for that. I'd play it over Return to Dust though. Exiling one for 4 mana at instant speed or two, but only sorcery speed, is pretty overrated in my book. I've cut all my copies of the card over the years and never looked back.

I'll need to hit Lesser Masticore a few more times before i can tell you more about it. So far i've hit it twice and it was pretty good both times. One time i was able to sneak Grand Abolisher past counter heavy decks just to get it back instantly and secure the rest of a turn that set me up well ahead of everyone else. The second time around i was able to ditch something unneeded and Skullclamp it twice with Spawning Pit since it has Persist.

I have a few hours of EDH coming up tonight. Maybe i can tell you more afterwards.
Expand Signature
Current Commanders:
MonoAlliedEnemy
Teshar Brago Kambal
Talrand Lazav Keranos
Gonti Grenzo Slimefoot
Zada Omnath Avacyn
Ezuri Mirri Edric
Traxos

Return to “Decklists”