NoNeedToBragoBoutIt
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Bearserker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt » 1 month ago

Talrand, Sky Summoner

Last Deck Update: 09.07.19, Avg. CMC: 2,42
Disclaimer
Show
  • My decklists are actual paper lists, unusual includes/excludes might be meta calls, pet cards or overlap and budget considerations.
  • Our playgroup unanimously house banned both Sol Ring and Mana Crypt, so don't expect them in here.
  • I'm not a fan of Mass Land Destruction, Extra Turns and Infinite Combos, don't expect them either.

History, Summary & Power Level

Talrand, Sky Summoner is one of the mono colored decks i've built in 2016 to 2018. The deck's predecessor was an Oona, Queen of the Fae Faerie Control deck i've built as my second one in the format. It was pretty bad compared to my decks today, so back in 2016 i decided to rebuild it and a full cycle of mono colored decks on top. The reason i chose Talrand, Sky Summoner was that he has his own Win Con imprinted and that he's a lot of fun to durdle and pseudo storm with. I intentionally decided not to overextend running counters as that'd make the deck unresponsive and dull - looking at you, Baral, Chief of Compliance!

Just as expected from mono-u you want to keep the board in check and win the game through incremental card advantage. A huge step into that direction is getting Bident of Thassa, Coastal Piracy or especially Kindred Discovery on the board and then proceed to draw a gazillion card via your flyers. Key to maneuvering the deck is relyable threat assessment and cautiousness.

If the deck can disrupt faster decks early in the game it is easily one of the best midrange control decks in my roster. There are virtually no bad matchups in my Meta for it. The only thing that keeps it some way off the top dog decks are ways to close out the game faster.

Power Level:

Let me know what you think of the deck! I'm always happy to get input.
Expand Signature
Current Commanders:
MonoAlliedEnemy
Teshar Brago Kambal
Talrand Lazav Keranos
Gonti Grenzo Slimefoot
Zada Omnath Avacyn
Ezuri Mirri Edric
Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”