NoNeedToBragoBoutIt
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Bearserker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt » 1 month ago

Gonti, Lord of Luxury

Last Deck Update: 09.07.19, Avg. CMC: 3,00
Disclaimer
Show
  • My decklists are actual paper lists, unusual includes/excludes might be meta calls, pet cards or overlap and budget considerations.
  • Our playgroup unanimously house banned both Sol Ring and Mana Crypt, so don't expect them in here.
  • I'm not a fan of Mass Land Destruction, Extra Turns and Infinite Combos, don't expect them either.

History, Summary & Power Level

When i decided to build a full color pie cycle of decks back in 2017 Kaladesh was released and while sifting through spoilers Gonti, Lord of Luxury caught my attention and i quickly decided to build a MBC (undercover 5C) deck around him. To this day this is the deck i pull out when i'm in an alien Pod and want to play a deck first that scales well with my opponents.

The approach is simple. Ramp on turn 2, cast your Commander on turn 3, from there on you sac/destroy for value and feed off of opponents' graveyards and libraries. Corpse Dance is easily the scariest card in the deck, especially combined with Ashnod's Altar - i might go as far as call it one of the best b cards overall.

With the deck focusing on opponents' cards heavily it's obviously far from a tier 1 deck. Yet, it is able to assemble awesome/aweful Rube Goldberg machines or win with Exsanguinate, Torment of Hailfire and Gray Merchant of Asphodel loops.

Power Level:

Let me know what you think of the deck! I'm always happy to get input.
Last edited by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt 15 hours ago, edited 4 times in total.
Expand Signature
Current Commanders:
MonoAlliedEnemy
Teshar Brago Kambal
Talrand Lazav Keranos
Gonti Grenzo Slimefoot
Zada Omnath Avacyn
Ezuri Mirri Edric
Traxos

Tags:

lyonhaert
Pronoun: he / him