NoNeedToBragoBoutIt
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Bearserker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt » 1 month ago

Traxos, Scourge of Kroog

Last Deck Update: 09.07.19, Avg. CMC: 2,35
Disclaimer
Show
  • My decklists are actual paper lists, unusual includes/excludes might be meta calls, pet cards or overlap and budget considerations.
  • Our playgroup unanimously house banned both Sol Ring and Mana Crypt, so don't expect them in here.
  • I'm not a fan of Mass Land Destruction, Extra Turns and Infinite Combos, don't expect them either.

History, Summary & Power Level

Back in 2017 i've built a cycle of mono colored EDH decks. While i did that i was already considering a c aka mono-brown deck, but none of the Eldrazi did appeal to me, nor did Karn, Silver Golem or Hope of Ghirapur. When Traxos, Scourge of Kroog got printed in Dominaria i felt like trying it out. And what can i say? The beatstick is a ton of fun!

Usually you want to cast a mana rock on turn 2, Traxos, Scourge of Kroog on turn 3, then start punching people on turn 4.
The main ingredients for any win are Vigilance and Evasion. Accorder's Shield and Cathar's Shield really shine at untapping and granting Vigilance.
A major weakness of the deck is its vulnerability to Vandalblast, Austere Command and the likes, so if i draw into Warping Wail i cling onto that until i very desperately need it.

The deck scales with the number of opponents it has. It is a very good deck for 1 on 1 matches, a reasonable threat in 3 player pods and a charming underdog in 4 player pods - at best. If you get to make it click it is Timmy heaven, if you don't you're in for an aweful time, tbh.

Power Level:

Let me know what you think of the deck! I'm always happy to get input.
Expand Signature
Current Commanders:
MonoAlliedEnemy
Teshar Brago Kambal
Talrand Lazav Keranos
Gonti Grenzo Slimefoot
Zada Omnath Avacyn
Ezuri Mirri Edric
Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”