NoNeedToBragoBoutIt
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Bearserker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt » 1 month ago

Lazav, the Multifarious

Last Deck Update: 09.07.19, Avg. CMC: 2,38
Disclaimer
Show
  • My decklists are actual paper lists, unusual includes/excludes might be meta calls, pet cards or overlap and budget considerations.
  • Our playgroup unanimously house banned both Sol Ring and Mana Crypt, so don't expect them in here.
  • I'm not a fan of Mass Land Destruction, Extra Turns and Infinite Combos, don't expect them either.
Dimir Shapeshifter Voltron
Approximate Total Cost:

History, Summary & Power Level

I didn't have a ub deck for years, ever since i took apart my Oona, Queen of the Fae Faerie Control deck, but really wanted to have one again. For the longest time nothing really sparked my interest - except Silas Renn, Seeker Adept (solo) but i never built that. I always liked Lazav, Dimir Mastermind but disliked the kind of deck you have to build around him, so it was Lazav, the Multifarious that really had me going when he was spoilered. Maralen of the Mornsong without a major downside? Cephalid Inkshrouder as one of the best cards in the deck? He's so unique and durdly, there was no way i wouldn't build him.

Due to his low CMC i don't mind to cast him turn 2 and roll with the Surveil 1. Over the course of the game i normally wheel myself a few times until a solid toolbox in the graveyard is assembled and i'm able to swing for Commander Damage.

Unfortunately winning via commander damage isn't as easy (as it propably should be to make the Archetype more viable). But with its solid colors, redudant but varied toolbox and unique lines of play the deck does pretty well for its type. Results get a lot better over time, once you get to know the bits and pieces.

Power Level:

Let me know what you think of the deck! I'm always happy to get input.
Last edited by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt 16 hours ago, edited 1 time in total.
Expand Signature
Current Commanders:
MonoAlliedEnemy
Teshar Brago Kambal
Talrand Lazav Keranos
Gonti Grenzo Slimefoot
Zada Omnath Avacyn
Ezuri Mirri Edric
Traxos

Tags:

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 1 day ago

I got a good amount of enjoyment from reading through the creature list. You've got some cute survival/evasion options that fit the commander like a glove.

I'll mirror the main thread's recommendations of Phyrexian Dreadnought and Cavern Harpy. Another good P/T driven include would be Hunted Horror. Having a few of those sort of bodies lurking in the 99 would assist with a punchier clock.

NoNeedToBragoBoutIt
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Bearserker

Post by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt » 19 hours ago

Thanks for your kind words!
Rumpy5897 wrote:
1 day ago
Another good P/T driven include would be Hunted Horror. Having a few of those sort of bodies lurking in the 99 would assist with a punchier clock.
As of right now i have 3 big bodies that are supposed to go in the deck:
Hunted Horror as you have mentioned, Phyrexian Soulgorger and all new Rotting Regisaur. I think they'll make a great addition to the team.

Phyrexian Dreadnought is amazing in the deck, but will have to wait for the moment. I'll certainly add it at a later point, i think.
Expand Signature
Current Commanders:
MonoAlliedEnemy
Teshar Brago Kambal
Talrand Lazav Keranos
Gonti Grenzo Slimefoot
Zada Omnath Avacyn
Ezuri Mirri Edric
Traxos

Return to “Decklists”