NoNeedToBragoBoutIt
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Bearserker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt » 1 month ago

Grenzo, Dungeon Warden

Last Deck Update: 09.07.19, Avg. CMC: 3,11
Disclaimer
Show
  • My decklists are actual paper lists, unusual includes/excludes might be meta calls, pet cards or overlap and budget considerations.
  • Our playgroup unanimously house banned both Sol Ring and Mana Crypt, so don't expect them in here.
  • I'm not a fan of Mass Land Destruction, Extra Turns and Infinite Combos, don't expect them either.
Rakdos Slot Machine

Enchantments (1)

1Goblin Bombardment

Instants (2)

1Chaos Warp
1Rakdos Charm

Sorceries (2)

1Mizzium Mortars
1Vandalblast
Approximate Total Cost:

History, Summary & Power Level

As part of dismantling Alesha, Who Smiles at Death i took it upon me to build both a br and wb deck. For br is was considering Xantcha, Sleeper Agent and especially Vial Smasher the Fierce for a while. I really liked the randomness, but the actual lists i came up with didn't entertain me as much.
Unsleeving the dismantled deck, Grenzo, Dungeon Warden got stuck in my hand, so i decided to roll with him as a makeshift commander. Guess what? I liked enough to make him the permanent commander.

Me not being too much of a combo guy i tried to keep it simple. The deck's supposed to work with Grenzo, Dungeon Warden sitting at a power of 2 and for the future i'd really like to go up to 50 fetchable creatures to maximize hits. Discounting Purphoros, God of the Forge and Homura, Human Ascendant i'm sitting at 45 right now. To be fair, i think finding cuts would be the harder part than finding creatures to add.

The deck's supposed to entertain more than it is to win. But that's not to say it isn't capable of just doing that regularly. Especially once you hit one of the pieces that allows you to rearrange/reuse your bottom deck.

Power Level:

Let me know what you think of the deck! I'm always happy to get input.
Expand Signature
Current Commanders:
MonoAlliedEnemy
Teshar Brago Kambal
Talrand Lazav Keranos
Gonti Grenzo Slimefoot
Zada Omnath Avacyn
Ezuri Mirri Edric
Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”