ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Bearserker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NoNeedToBragoBoutIt » 1 month ago

Kambal, Consul of Allocation

DECK IS IN BETA PHASE

Last Deck Update: 09.07.19, Avg. CMC: 2,85
Disclaimer
Show
  • My decklists are actual paper lists, unusual includes/excludes might be meta calls, pet cards or overlap and budget considerations.
  • Our playgroup unanimously house banned both Sol Ring and Mana Crypt, so don't expect them in here.
  • I'm not a fan of Mass Land Destruction, Extra Turns and Infinite Combos, don't expect them either.
Orzhov Drain & Gain
Approximate Total Cost:

History, Summary & Power Level

After choosing Grenzo, Dungeon Warden to replace the br part of my former Alesha, Who Smiles at Death deck, i was missing a wb commander to substitute its other half. I didn't want to overlap with decks of others in my playgroup, so Athreos, God of Passage, Daxos the Returned as well as the Teysas weren't an option.
Of the old deck i still had Tymna the Weaver, Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim and Kambal, Consul of Allocation sitting in my binder. I didn't feel like going for another grayeyard/sac oriented deck and the former felt like it were a waste in the command zone without a Partner, so i went for Kambal, Consul of Allocation as a midrange life gain and life drain commander.
I didn't feel like sitting in a pillow fort just raking up absurd numbers, like some troll-ish Oloro, Ageless Ascetic deck, so i did put in several options to actively use my life count as a ressource.

Best case you're able to ramp on turn 2, cast the commander on turn 3 then work with yours and everyone else's life constantly.

The deck requires some turns to unfold, but once it does it is adept at draining the table efficiently.

Power Level:

Deck History & Summary
Show
Let me know what you think of the deck! I'm always happy to get input.
Expand Signature
Current Commanders:
MonoAlliedEnemy
Teshar Brago Kambal
Talrand Lazav Keranos
Gonti Grenzo Slimefoot
Zada Omnath Avacyn
Ezuri Mirri Edric
Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”