Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Flash AHHHHHHHHHH

Artifact Creature (2)

Enchantment Creature (2)

Tribal Enchantment (2)

Approximate Total Cost:

This deck was started as a theory list but I have come to love it so much I've started building it in paper. the premise of the deck is to respond whenever possible and just never play on our own turn. Former Salvation Mod @serrot_29 Also worked on this idea with me so I'm curious what the community thinks on this deck.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Tags:

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

After Posting this List I had been mulling over a few possible cards and Realized I hadn't looked at Jumpstart of M21 for cards for the list yet so no time like the present:

Discontinuity: End the turn spells are always fun and when you can do them on your own turn for much cheaper I think Its worth Considering.

Masked Blackguard: I only mention it because it has flash. Not worth playing at all.

Sublime Epiphany: I am very excited about this card for this deck. As an expanded Cryptic command It will easily slot into the deck.

Thats the end of jumpstart and m21 cards which is lack lusster but the whole premise for the deck, Flash matters, came just last set so Im alright.

The other card that I'm considering:
Havengul Lich: As there is no timing restrictions on the Lich to when we can cast the creatures this actually becomes super interesting. Being able to Flash out of our graveyard for a single mana seems super strong. I will probably replace Wrexial, the Risen Deep. While I love Wrexial as a Finisher, Havengul seems to provide too much utility.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

AstralMTG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by AstralMTG » 3 years ago

I think this deck is really cool and unique. I love the flash mechanic and nobody where I've played has a Wydwen deck.

If I may, I have some suggestions:

Liliana's Standard Bearer: I think people are really underestimating this one. It can help you recover from board wipes as well as help dig for an answer after after having to chump away most of your board. I think even drawing 2-3 cards off of it is really good. A cool thing to note is that it can draw off tokens dying and doesn't drain life unlike most black card draw. It will definitely be amazing in aristocrat decks, but I could also see it having a home here.

Omen of the Dead and Omen of the Sea: I like these ones as they are able to provide cheap card advantage while allowing us to keep shields up.

Quickling: This guy allows us to reuse ETB effects as well as save our best creature from spot removal or a board wipe.

If I were to build this deck, I would highly consider having a wizard sub-theme. There are a bunch of instant speed wizard shenanigans such as: Vedalken Aethermage, Mizzium Meddler, Nimble Obstructionist, and Naru Meha, Master Wizard. Even though they don't have flash, Azami, Lady of Scrolls is amazing in general and the new Barrin, Tolarian Archmage has a ton of synergy with Wydwen.

Honestly though, the list looks like a lot of fun.

sweetwaterbob

Post by sweetwaterbob » 3 years ago

I really like the idea of flash tribal.

I feel like you could also potentially go esper if you wanted to.

Esper commanders that could work with the theme
Chromium, the Mutable

Some white cards with flash
Alms Collector
Aven Mindcensor
Containment Priest

This deck looks fun as is too!

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

If you can add Wydwen, the Biting Gale into your actual deck list, just put the comment "Commander" above her to make it clear. I had to look up what the card was on gatherer.

I'm personally not sure about the equipment package, as they are all sorcery speed. The fact that you need to speed 5 to cast and equip is a recipe to get blown out on your normally reactive plan.

Cryptic Command is great as you can use the "Return target permanent to its owner's hand." to get additional value out of your ETB creatures.

Shark Typhoon is basically another flash creature.

Cloudstone Curio and Equilibrium are options for additional ETB effects AND saving your creatures from targeted removal.

I also like Commit // Memory, Wretched Confluence, Pull from Tomorrow, Archmage's Charm, Chain of Vapor in this deck as they are very versatile cards for the whole reactive plan.
Commit can be used on the stack and permanents, and then the Memory part can be timed after you've cast Notion Thief.
Wretched Confluence can be simply draw 3 cards, but its other modes can be used to destroy creatures or get back some great ultity creatures from graveyard.
Pull from Tomorrow just for a way to scale up card draw with mana available.

If you can afford it then Sapphire Medallion is just another card like Naiad of Hidden Coves and Cunning Nightbonder as almost 80% of your deck is blue.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”