Lord Windgrace

Slipperygecko
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Slipperygecko » 4 years ago

Strands of Night seems like a hidden gem for Windgrace, especially since you have both the discard and recursion engine built into him. Out of curiosity any reason you don't run Ob Nixililis, the Fallen? He can be a fun alt wincon with Scapeshift.

Tags:

WizardMN
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

I tried to stay away from Strands and other repeatable recursion simply because I want the deck to be focused mostly on lands than creatures. This is to keep the deck from playing too similarly to my Karador deck. In the past, my Jund decks never survive due to their similarities to Karador.

A little recursion is fine and Phyrexian Reclamation is an acceptance of some recursion allowing the deck to function a little smoother. But repeatable, almost free, recursion just isn't where I want to be. For anyone else, I think Strands of Night is actually a pretty good card and, depending on the creature count, can do a lot of work.

Ob Nixilis is one that I have excluded because of my Gitrog Monster deck. I had that deck built where Ob Nixilis was the main win condition but the problem was that the games all started to just be about Ob Nixilis. They became repetitive (have Ob on board, sac all lands, get them all back, win) that I chose not to do that here. Now, I don't have all the same tools to do that in this deck, so it might be me being overly cautious, but it isn't something I want to repeat. Adding Scapeshift makes that line more common.

I do agree that he can do a fair amount of work and the interaction with Scapeshift can make for a very good way to close out games. I just found it boring before and I don't really want to go back to that.

Slipperygecko
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Slipperygecko » 4 years ago

Ahh I get you, I can totally appreciate wanting to have diff play styles for different decks :). As for lands, have you tried Inkmoth Nexus / Kessig Wolf Run? I have that with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers. Only prob is it can get a bit linear when you assemble and put it all on the board in one turn with an extra-land enabler like Exploration and tutoring for it all with Realms Uncharted. Can generate a bit of hate too since one person is typically going to eat it a turn.

Makes me happy to see Rakdos Charm in here! Kills it against certain strats and instant-speed GY hate has saved me a few times. How have you found Wrenn and Six play out? Is a card I've been contemplating adding for a while.

WizardMN

I am not a fan of Infect and Inkmoth doesn't do much without Wolf Run. However, Wolf Run might be something I really should include. It is a land which fits nice into the deck and makes pretty much any creature a legitimate one shot if I have enough mana. Even being able to swing for 15 Trample damage with a small creature, and even if that creature dies, could be something worthwhile. I might give that land a try.

I have never actually cast Wrenn and Six (or, if I have, it was too late to do anything). They are in a somewhat odd spot as they are a cheap walker whose first ability does a fair amount for us, but nothing more than Crucible or Ramunap Excavator for the most part. Their third ability works with 18 of our cards, which is nice. But, beyond looping Strip Mine or Wasteland, I am not sure their first ability even does a lot here. Especially since I cut Borborygmos which would have cared about a land in hand.

I have been thinking of trying out Tectonic Reformation and that might honestly make Wrenn and Six worth a little bit more. But, as it is, I am not sure they really pull their weight.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

I cast Wrenn and Six in Maelstrom wanderer the other day and it was friggin ridiculous. I play the sakura-tribe scout guys though and so had a sequence where I wastelanded an Animar player 4 times in 2 turns and still went up 2 lands off of W6 + ramunap excavator.

I don't think you should ever cut it. The ability to act as another life from the loam for getting lands back for Windgrace is too good. The +1 is great, since it lets you get a land, chuck it and draw cards. It just does too much.

WizardMN

So, I got a game in tonight and ended up doing pretty well with it again.

I ended up keeping a really risky hand with 2 lands and a Life from the Loam. I did not draw a land in the first 3 cards, so I cast Loam targeting nothing. Next turn, I dredged it back and binned 2 lands. I picked those up with Loam, played one and passed. I then dredged again and binned two more lands. I picked those up as well.

This gave me the mana necessary for a few things. I decided to start with Acidic Slime to blow up the red source of Zurgo, Helmsmasher since he was missing his black source too. Next turn I cast Lord Windgrace and drew 2 cards. Unfortunately, Zurgo drew a Swamp and Mountain in 3 cards which allowed him to kill Windgrace. I only had the Slime as a blocker and they had Iroas.

I never cast Windgrace again. Instead, I ended up using Underrealm Lich to dig for the cards I wanted. I also ended up tapping out to cast a Lifeblood Hydra for X=7. It took a while for it to die since I couldn't get to my sac outlet, and Zurgo wasn't attacking me (not a bad thing though). With the Lich, I finally got to a Diamond Valley which then gained me 14 life and I got to see 21 cards.

Off of this, I pitched about 10 lands. A turn or two later, I cast a Splendid Reclamation and soon I had 28 lands. I ended up just closing the game out with Ulvenwald Hydra and Multani (a 34/34 and a 39/39 respectively). Liliana also made an appearance to clear the way for my attackers. I sacrificed two tokens Omnath gave me which let me bolt a target. I ended up dealing 54 damage to Zurgo in one turn with all of this (they cast Crackling Doom to get rid of Multani) which was exactly lethal. Zurgo had already gotten rid of the other player, so I never had to deal with that player.

Constant Mists also kept me alive for 2 turns where I otherwise would have died. Nissa gave me a couple tokens but nothing else. Wrenn and Six let me pick up Tranquil Thicket a couple times which let me see 9 cards total since I cycled it 3 times total. Omnath got me 3 tokens total which was still better than Borborygmos would have done in the same situation.

Overall, I was very underwhelmed with Nissa. A couple of times I thought of just discarding her and, when I did get her down, I could only create tokens. The tokens did do a little to do some blocking so maybe I am a little too down on her, but it just felt that she wasn't as good as I wanted her to be.

Wrenn and Six is another where the first ability is the only ability likely to be used. It was certainly nice to pick up the Thicket a couple times and their interaction with Windgrace can't be ignored but when I was using the ability it never felt great. Perhaps because I didn't have Windgrace on the board it felt like the card was worse than it really is.

A couple of times I really felt like Kessig Wolf Run would have made the game move a little quicker. I think I need to find a spot for it somewhere.

OCPunisher

Post by OCPunisher » 4 years ago

I had a couple of interesting games with the Lord as well
- In the first game, absolutely everything went wrong. I drew Wrenn and Six on turn THREE, and it was fine for a while, but ultimately my life total got chipped down to the point where I was just dangling by a hair for most of the game, unable to really establish a board. Eventually someone put me out of my misery.
- In the second game, I got a HUGE board thanks to Field of the Dead and four active planeswalkers. However, I couldn't find a way to close out the game, and my opponents were able to sea with Glacial Chasm and Spike Weaver before taking me out.

So, there are two problems that need to be addressed: life gain and closing the game out. A couple of cards that should help with these problems are Zulaport Cutthroat, Goblin Bombardment, Zuran Orb, and Syr Konrad, the Grim. Does anyone else have any experience with any of these?
A deck for every color: Rakdos | Lord | Heliod | Yeva | Tetsuko | Scarab | Kykar | Kozz | Athreos | Haldan/Pako

pokken

Honestly it sounds like answers to spike Weaver and glacial chasm would have closed it out fine.

What was preventing you from dealing with those?

Field of the dead is a closing machine. Garrick wild speaker in for Nissa is an easy swap that makes that close the game faster. Nissa really is sketchy. Maybe you already cut her and I forgot tho.

OCPunisher

pokken wrote:
4 years ago
Honestly it sounds like answers to spike Weaver and glacial chasm would have closed it out fine.

What was preventing you from dealing with those?

Field of the dead is a closing machine. Garrick wild speaker in for Nissa is an easy swap that makes that close the game faster. Nissa really is sketchy. Maybe you already cut her and I forgot tho.
Both Spike Weaver and Glacial Chasm were mine. One of my opponents was getting a lot of early pressure on my walkers before I got Field of the Dead going, and actually took out my Garruk Wildspeaker. Then I played the Chasm to protect against a Ruric Thar.
A deck for every color: Rakdos | Lord | Heliod | Yeva | Tetsuko | Scarab | Kykar | Kozz | Athreos | Haldan/Pako

WizardMN

[mention]OCPunisher[/mention]
Your comment on life gain is a huge reason for me not wanting to cut Ulvenwald Hydra or Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar. Those two, when combined with Miren, the Moaning Well and/or Diamond Valley have done wonders for being able to keep me in games where my life total gets low. Spike Weaver is also a big deal for my opponents to deal with and Glacial Chasm and Constant Mists do a lot to prevent damage.

As for other ways to gain life, of the ones you mentioned, I would probably go with Zuran Orb. It fits better with the "lands-matter" perspective and, with World Shaper and Splendid Reclamation you can get those lands back somewhat easily.

Crypt Incursion could do a lot as well as double as grave hate. I play it in my Nicol Bolas, the Ravager deck and I think it pulls its weight there.
Last edited by WizardMN 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

OCPunisher

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
OCPunisher
Your comment on life gain is a huge reason for me not wanting to cut Ulvenwald Hydra or Multani, Yavimaya Avatar. Those two, when combined with Miren, the Moaning Well and/or Diamond Valley have done wonders for being able to keep me in games where my life total gets low. Spike Weaver is also a big deal for my opponents to deal with and Glacial Chasm and Constant Mists do a lot to prevent damage.

As for other ways to gain life, of the ones you mentioned, I would probably go with Zuran Orb. It fits better with the "lands-matter" perspective and, with World Shaper and Splendid Reclamation you can get those lands back somewhat easily.

Crypt Incursion could do a lot as well as double as grave hate. I play it in my Nicol Bolas, the Ravager deck and I think it pulls its weight there.
I run all three "fogs" (Mists, Weaver, Chasm) in my list as well, but unfortunately I won't be able to afford a Diamond Valley anytime soon, and my list is a little too focused on going wide vs going tall in an attempt to protect my planeswalkers. I agree that Zuran Orb is probably the best fit for most versions of this deck, whether you run mass recursion as mentioned above, or more incremental stuff like Life from the Loam.

pokken

courser of kruphix was surprisingly good at stabilizing for me in Gitrog. I'd play so many lands that it really wound up being a lot. Plus splendid rec + courser can bring you back from a long way away :)

OCPunisher wrote:
4 years ago
Both Spike Weaver and Glacial Chasm were mine. One of my opponents was getting a lot of early pressure on my walkers before I got Field of the Dead going, and actually took out my Garruk Wildspeaker. Then I played the Chasm to protect against a Ruric Thar.

Ahh, sorry I misread on the mobile.

I think in general it is not worth playing dedicated finishers in a Jund midrange deck; you can go pretty big just on the back of cards that are independently good and not need to play jank like goblin bombardment. Cards like Omnath, Locus of Rage are examples of what I think you're looking for, and Titania, Protector of argoth.

The mantra of making your topdecks live is a pretty good one to live by I think.

Cards like WizardMN's multani / ulvenwald hydra probably other good examples (although I am not a huge fan mostly for personal tastes, they are undoubtedly very strong and good with diamond valley :)).

WizardMN

I think Omnath, having been mentioned before in this thread as well, fits very well into an "end game" strategy. I have only played it once and I liked it much better than Borborymos. I can't say for certain that it is the best card for that slot, but there are certainly worse cards.

Titania can do some good work, especially if you decide to go the route of Zuran Orb. Being able to sac 10 of your 20 lands for 20 life and 50 power (or, sac them all for 40 life and 100 power) can easily end the game. It would, of course, be prudent not to over-extend with this strategy, but it does seem like it could have a lot of reach. Even Titania combined with Gitrog or fetch lands can slowly grow your army.

I would still plug the virtues of Multani. Being able to swing for 30+ trample can often do a lot to close out a game. Being able to gain life off Miren (if you run it) can be important. Being able to pick up lands like Bojuka Bog (to exile another graveyard) or Glacial Chasm (so you can attack that turn and/or reset the counters) or any other land to save them from destruction can also be important. This requires it to be in your graveyard which means Entomb might be better.

Speaking of Entomb, it might become better if you include Titania as it let's you get your Glacial Chasm (or any other land you might need) a bit easier.

pokken

Entomb for life from the loam is pretty much cash money in this deck as is :)

OCPunisher

I'm currently running Green Sun's Zenith in my list, and it's starting to look like less of a fit compared to other options. The two top choices to replace it are the afforementioned Entomb, and Crop Rotation. Which one would you rather have?

WizardMN

It probably depends on what you really want it for (I run both as they are both good for different things) but if I had to choose just one I think I would go for Crop Rotation first. But that is just because I really want to get to my utility lands.

But. being able to get any card is pretty good and Entomb still acts like a makeshift Crop Rotation with other cards. As pokken pointed out, Entomb for Life from the Loam is pretty powerful as it is.

I think based on the conversations so far, Entomb gives more utility even if it is a bit slower for the "land on the battlefield" aspect.

pokken

OCPunisher wrote:
4 years ago
I'm currently running Green Sun's Zenith in my list, and it's starting to look like less of a fit compared to other options. The two top choices to replace it are the afforementioned Entomb, and Crop Rotation. Which one would you rather have?
GSZ for arbor is completely irreplaceable in my opinion, in this deck. It's a turn one mana dork that finds angry omnath or Titania for the win, nothing finer. It's pretty mindblowing to me how few people play arbor.

Crop rotation is > Entomb if you have cradle; if no cradle, entomb for loam is better. Loam is a ridiculous CA engine in windgrace.

WizardMN

Trying out the following:
12/04/19
Approximate Total Cost:

As mentioned on the previous page of posts, I don't think Soul of New Phyrexia is quite pulling its weight anymore. I like the idea of Garruk so I am going to try him out in that slot instead.

WizardMN

I played this deck again last night. I played against Gargos, Vicious Watcher, Nicol Bolas, the Ravager, and Rhys, the Redeemed. The Ravager deck was my own deck that I lent to another player. That decklist is here.

This game took forever again but I am not sure it was necessarily because this deck is slow.

I was able to get Windgrace down on turn 6 as I spent the earlier turns just ramping and casting Windgrace's Judgment to deal with Gargos mostly (but getting rid of Bolas's Sol Ring and something of Rhys's was nice too.

I got Windgrace down and ticked him up to draw. I left him unprotected and he died which was fine. My hand was not very strong and I needed to get some new cards. There were some wraths cast and I cast Windgrace again. This time he lived with 1 counter by the time he got back to my turn. I was then able to protect him while ticking him up and eventually dropped in Omnath. I ticked Windgrace down, played a land, and cracked a fetchland. I had 4 Elementals the first turn.

I used these as blockers and, in one case, attacked all out at an opposing Nissa, Who Shakes the World that Gargos had to slow them down. I also had a Diamond Valley which let me sac a token to get rid of other threats as needed. I eventually ended up with 6 tokens on the field. Others had died or were sacrificed which is why I didn't have a huge army, but 6 was pretty good. But, it wasn't good enough to just end the game since Gargos had plenty of creatures and Rhys did as well. I ended up just casting Last One Standing with 33 creatures on the board. We rolled a 28 (on my phone) and that happened to be a Deranged Hermit which they decided not to pay the Echo cost for. Gargos also survived since it was indestructible.

This gave me 7 Omnath triggers and I threw them all at Gargos to put them down to 7. Bolas was getting out of control though. Bolas had a Bolas's Citadel (which Rhys gave them off Deliver Unto Evil; I am still salty that they thought it was a good idea to give them Citadel) and they just went off. They had Sensei's Divining Top on the field which effectively gave them a better Yawgmoth's Bargain and flooded the board with Planeswalkers and tokens from Saheeli, the Gifted (thanks mostly to casting Top over and over). They then ultimated Tezzeret the Seeker to turn all those Servos into 5/5 Artifacts and swung at Rhys and Gargos. They wanted to swing at Lord Windgrace but I had Constant Mists in hand that they knew about since I cast it the turn before when Gargos tried to attack Windrgace. I "gently reminded" them that I had it as their attacks were not going to land if they swung at Windgrace. I don't know that I actually would have fogged by the threat alone was enough to save Windgrace.

Now, I had to deal with Bolas. I couldn't attack due to Glacial Chasm (which is the reason none of the Artifacts came at me) and I didn't have enough of a board to do much anyway. And this deck has very little to deal with a bunch of Planeswalkers. Luckily, I ended up drawing a Rakdos Charm. I knew they had a Disallow in hand since that is what they took off a Jace, Architect of Thought activation so I tried to bait it out by casting Garruk, Cursed Huntsman which they decided to let resolve. Sadly this was the only appearance he made. It actually might have been enough to eventually get through their board. I then cast a Phyrexian Reclamation which he did counter which tapped him out. I cast Rakdos Charm while he had 12 creatures and 11 life. It was a fun way to end the game :)

I wish Garruk was able to do more and I do think there might have been a good chance he could have helped me stabilize in this situation so I think he has potential. But, on the flip side, I really do find Nissa, Voice of Zendikar to be disappointing. I am almost never happy to see it and, in this game, I was actually pretty frustrated to see it and immediately discarded it to Bazaar.

I don't know that I necessarily want a Walker to replace her, but I do know I want something else in this spot. I will try to figure out that makes the most sense.

WizardMN

I played tonight against Zurgo Helmsmasher, Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas, and Atla Palani, Nest Tender,

I kept a hand of 3 lands, but no red mana. The intent was to get my Yavimaya Elder down to get me mana. But, Zurgo ended up dropping in a Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet which really slowed me down. I didn't miss any land drops luckily, but it took forever for me to get my red mana. I was able to wrath the board twice though in that time which kept me alive.

Once I got my red mana, I was able to get Windgrace down. Him, and the Life from the Loam, were able to keep me with lands in my hand and kept me drawing cards. I got Protean Hulk and Bane of Progress which were two big cards at the times I got them.

Kalemne ended up with Avacyn so I needed a way to deal with that. Luckily Atla dealt with it. But then Atla started getting out of control and ended up with a huge board. I cast Last One Standing which left them with Atla but nothing else (they didn't have any eggs at the time), and then they got Desolation Twin down later. In a couple turns, they ended up with 6 Twin tokens. I was able to dig and dig with Windgrace, Cycling Lands, and Bazaar and I got to my Pernicious Deed. I wrathed the board to get rid of them and then they cast Fresh Meat to get a board back. I the ultimated Windgrace to destroy 6 of their tokens (they had 11), cast Bedevil on another, cast Windgrace's Judgment on another, and killed one more with Cavalier of Night. This allowed me to swing in with a 40/40 Multani to kill them. Kalemne had scooped the turn before.

I was digging a lot for Constant Mists since my Spike Weaver had been exiled earlier and I never got to it. I did end up getting Glacial Chasm off Realms Uncharted and got it on the field with Splendid Reclamation which saved me for a turn. That was the turn before I got Deed and I needed Deed because Kalemne was going to destroy it with Field of Ruin.

Overall I really liked how it played, especially cycling 4 lands in one turn right before casting Splendid Reclamation. I also had Liliana, Garruk, Wrenn and Six, and Windgrace on the field (not all at the same time sadly) so I got all my Walkers out. Garruk did a little bit but I was against some flyers and tramplers so the wolves weren't as great as I would have liked but the -3 wasn't enough at the time.

Liliana made everyone sac 2 creatures which gave me some much needed card draw when I used it. Wrenn and Six ended up doing a lot as well since I basically just ended up picking up a land to discard it to Windgrace. I did have Life from the Loam to help with that too, but having the walker out was helpful as well.

This was one of the better outings for Wrenn and Six. I I am not sure how powerful it really was. But, I want to eventually add in Tectonic Reformation and I think it works even better with that.

I think my biggest issue with Wrenn and Six is that it, basically, *only* works with Windgrace (I realize repeated Strip Mines are nice though) so maybe adding in Reformation gives a bit more to it. I am not sure.
Last edited by WizardMN 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

pokken

I like Wrenn a lot in my MW deck but it runs 9 fetches or some odd so just being a crucible is fine.

OCPunisher

pokken wrote:
4 years ago
just being a crucible is fine.
This sums up my thoughts on the card. Crucible is an MVP so having extra copies can't be bad.

WizardMN

Thanks guys. I think that is a reasonable analogy. And since there are no other repeatable effects that return lands to my hand beyond Groundskeeper (and that card is terrible) I think it is a unique enough effect that I can't get it anywhere else. Thinking more on it, I think this last game simply shows them to be a useful piece in keeping Windgrace going. I drew a lot of cards over the course of the game thanks to Wrenn and Six and I still barely found the card I needed at the end to win the game. I think without W6 I easily would have lost that game.

I still think I want to try Tectonic Reformation though. And I still don't like Nissa, Voice of Zendikar so I am going to swap them. I am also going to add in Kessig Wolf Run for a Swamp.
12/28/19
Approximate Total Cost:

WizardMN

I played this again last night against Naru Meha, Master Wizard, The Ur-Dragon, and Tishana, Voice of Thunder.

Nothing spectacular happened in the early game but I was able to hit my land drops and get Windgrace down on turn 6 I think. I had no protection for him so I knew he would likely die if people swung at him (there was exactly 7 power on the field) but I needed some cards. I got lucky that Tishana had Edric, Spymaster of Trest which gave me some cards a little later but also led people to attacking players to draw cards. Windgrace was able to stick around for a little while.

I basically just sat back and tried not to die for most of the game. Naru Meha kept stealing stuff from The Ur-Dragon and got a Dragon Tempest that, somewhat unexpectedly, almost killed all of us. They had that and then cast a Clone Legion to copy the 2 dragons Ur-Dragon had. They copied the Clone Legion as well. The 2 dragons they had were Utvara Hellkite and Scourge of Valkas. This gave them a total of 4 triggers for 2 damage when the first Clone Legion resolved, 4 triggers for 4 damage with the second Clone Legion and then 12 triggers for 8 damage when they attacked.

They killed Ur-Dragon, got Tishana down very low, and tried to kill me. The only reason I survived is because I was at 33, they sent 36 damage my way, and I had Diamond Valley and The Gitrog Monster to keep me alive at 3 life.

Now, at 3 life, I started doing stuff. I cast Last One Standing to get rid of all the dragons. I cast Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger to get rid of a couple other things which was countered. I got it back with Phyrexian Reclamation and cast it again, This time it stuck and I had something to sac to gain me 10 life.

I ended up getting Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar down as well and tried to cast a Momentous Fall, sacrificing it.. I drew 26 cards (or something like that) and gained that much life.

While I I made sure to work on keeping myself alive, Tishana was working really hard to just win the game with Laboratory Maniac and Jace, Wielder of Secrets. I was able to get rid of Lab Man with one of the Ulamog triggers, but there was a point where they tried to draw a bunch of cards with Jace on the field which would have given them the win. Luckily, I had both Bedevil and Assassin's Trophy in hand to stop them. I only needed Bedevil so they just lost.

At the same time, I had started building up my board in anticipation of just winning. I had Omnath, Locus of Rage on the field along with Protean Hulk. I sacrificed hulk to get World Shaper which would have given me about 11 triggers for Omnath. I really wanted to go with this line to kill Jace by Sacrificing tokens, but I didn't have enough sac outlets. Instead, I just flooded the board to kill Naru Meha.

The last sequence shows that having a sac outlet like Goblin Bombardment or Yawgmoth, Thran Physician could be very useful with Omnath. I would lean towards Yawgmoth first, but I am not sure I need it quite yet.

Tectonic Reformation and Kessig Wolf Run did absolutely nothing all game. I even got Kessig Wolf Run early off of a Realms Uncharted and still couldn't find a good place to activate it. It doesn't take up a spell slot or anything, and I didn't get punished for it not producing colored mana, so I think the option when I need it is still reasonable to have.

Reformation ended up in my graveyard after discarding it after the Multani play above. Even after just one game with it, I am already doubting its inclusion. It works great with Gitrog but I often just don't have the lands to cycle. I want to play them more often than I want to cycle them. Being able to replace those lands in a situation where I might really need something different is good, but I just don't know how often that will come up. I will be keeping a close eye on this card.

WizardMN

I played this last night against Morophon, the Boundless (fun, Crab tribal deck), Erebos, God of the Dead, and Gargos, Vicious Watcher.

I was able to get Lord Windgrace down on turn 5 thanks to Yavimaya Elder dying and getting me my land drops. I didn't really have much for ramp during the game, but I didn't really need it since Windgrace was doing that for me.

Windgrace dug the first turn and ramped the next. I was able to switch between the two for a couple turns. Gargos was getting a massive boardstate and I had Windgrace and Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar. I then landed a Pernicious Deed and wanted to wrath at 5. This would have kept Multani alive and Gargos, but get rid of everything else.

I did wait on it though to see if I could get more from Gargos and they ended up dropping in a Nyxbloom Ancient (I am seeing this card everywhere :( ). But, I still let them go since I still had Deed as a backup so they ended up just killing off Morophon and getting Erebos down to 8 or something. I then killed them the next turn.

Over the course of a few turns, and fueled by Morophon's Psychic Corrosion and Rhystic Study before they died, I had a ton of lands in my graveyard. I had enough mana to fire off Splendid Reclamation and enough to Deed and get back Multani. I got back Multani and dropped in a couple other smaller creatures too along with a 10/10 Lifeblood Hydra. When I did Deed, Gargos had a 20/20 Lifeblood Hydra so they went up to 60+ life and drew a bunch of cards. But, I deeded on their End Step so they needed to discard a bunch.

This is my favorite sequence in the game even though it really did nothing. On Gargos's final turn, they dropped in a Nissa, Who Shakes the World along with a couple other creatures and Enchantments. Up to this point, I had a Liliana, Dreadhorde General I had been ticking up. She was at 9 while Windgrace was also at 9. I chose to do a few things to try to clear Gargos's board entirely. So, I cast Phyrexian Reclamation to get back Evolution Sage (which died when Yavimaya Elder died). I then cast it and played a land to Proliferate. Then, I picked up Eternal Witness from the graveyard to get back Crop Rotation. I picked a random land and proliferated again. I ultimated Liliana.

They chose their permanents. I then ultimated Windgrace to blow up all those permanents they kept except for the one land they had. Then, wouldn't you know it, I happen to have Strip Mine on the field. I blew up their remaining Forest.

I then swung in with a 40/40 Multani, and 12 other power. I activated Kessig Wolf Run to make Multani a 60/60 and won the game while Gargos had no permanents in play.

Overall, this was a pretty fun game and I don't really have any comments about things to cut or add. It seemed like it worked out as best as I am looking for it to work.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”