Tymna and Kydele: Drawing upon the Spirits

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 2 years ago

The most recent release of Innistrad: Crimson Vow finally has enough spirits for me to legitimately call this a "spirit tribal" deck. In reality, it has always been a efficient aggro-draw deck which wants to assemble Tymna the Weaver and Edric, Spymaster of Trest effects in 4 colors with a large number of low MV and evasive creatures. Realistically, the tribal nature of the deck is the second primary theme, and clue tokens enabling alternative win conditions is the subtheme. This began as the plan to Mechanized Production for a clue token count win, which has been swapped over to Triskaidekaphile to better align with the main focus being on draw triggers.

The clue tokens are well supported by Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix to transform cards drawn into more cards draw. Kydele also supports more of the colorless top-end mana curve.

My intent has been for this to be at a level of power that is appropriate to introduce players to commander, so the strategy of draw into counterspells or extra turn spells don't align with my intentions. Ideally, all points of interaction would be on flying creatures; specifically on spirit creatures. The deck plays reasonably well into more battle-cruiser and lower powered games by assembling a large mass of spirits, and pivoting to draw/clue based wins if hitting all my opponents each turn isn't possible.
This is definitely spirit tribal, right?
Approximate Total Cost:

Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”