Estrid Enchantress

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle
Pronoun: he / him

Post by SocorroTortoise » 4 years ago

This is one of my two more permanent lists. I'm a long time fan of enchantress strategies and Estrid is the best option for a grindier version of the deck. The gameplan here is permanent based disruption into token beats.
Decklist

General

Artifact

Planeswalker

Approximate Total Cost:

Most of this shouldn't be too unexpected for anyone familiar with enchantress strategies. I try and stay away from hard locks and infinite combos. I also don't play a few format staples for group/personal reasons, which is the reason for no Sol Ring (also doesn't play well with Null Rod or Stony Silence) or Cyclonic Rift. I'm also trying to keep this at least moderately group friendly so people don't get burnt out on playing against it, which is the reason there's nothing along the lines of Stasis or Winter Orb. Words of Wind is something I've considered, which is about as far as I'm willing to go in the direction.
Last edited by SocorroTortoise 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

Tags:

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 4 years ago

I like this list a lot. Is Kestia, the Cultivator not good enough for the deck? It seems like a solid card all around and additionally rewards you for playing enchantments.

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

benjameenbear wrote:
4 years ago
I like this list a lot. Is Kestia, the Cultivator not good enough for the deck? It seems like a solid card all around and additionally rewards you for playing enchantments.
Thanks! I honestly haven't given Kestia much thought, because this isn't an aggressive list by any stretch of the imagination. It does play nicely with the control magic effects and there's a couple enchantment creatures, plus it obviously draws cards itself. I'll keep an eye on how often I have reasonable attacks with creatures that would trigger it, or how often a token suited up with a bestow would have reasonable attacks.

Henlock
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

I have a very unfriendly Estrid biild,, including Stasis, Nevermore effects, propaganda effects, enchantresses, the amazing Righteous Aura and other protective spells, and fat token producers. I don't play it much really because I only keep it fo wjen things get unfriendly but seeing your build makes me want to keep an aternative build to be able to bring it to friendly tables.

I like the token producing capabilities of your builds. It's a good way to put Estrid's ramp to good use. What do you think about Cathar's Crusade in your build?

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Henlock wrote:
4 years ago
I have a very unfriendly Estrid biild,, including Stasis, Nevermore effects, propaganda effects, enchantresses, the amazing Righteous Aura and other protective spells, and fat token producers. I don't play it much really because I only keep it fo wjen things get unfriendly but seeing your build makes me want to keep an aternative build to be able to bring it to friendly tables.

I like the token producing capabilities of your builds. It's a good way to put Estrid's ramp to good use. What do you think about Cathar's Crusade in your build?
Yeah, unfriendly Estrid is kind of tempting but I'd rather have more opportunities to play it. Going full on prison would be entertaining for me for about a game and then I'd have trouble convincing people to paly against it, so I'm keeping it a little friendlier. Do you have your list posted?

I love Cathar's Crusade as a card and the effect is great, but I hate the bookkeeping that has to happen to use it with tokens. I'm not running it entirely to make things a little easier on me from a practical perspective, not any power level concerns.

Henlock
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Yeah, Cathar's Crusade is tricky to keep. You need a ton of dice and with effects that create tokens one by one you end up needing a lot of table space because each token will end up with a different ammount of counters. I can see why you wouldn't want to play it.

But some kind of mass pump would be nice tjere I think. There's annenchantment tjat does it until end of turn. Can't remember the name thou. I use Leonin Sun Standard and Mirror Entity in Lin Sivvi, but they're not enchantment based. Beastmaster's Ascension looks like a nice possibility.

I will try to.post my list later. I only play it against tjose who deserve it XD

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”