[Help!] Karador Reanimator WiP

grimoiredark
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by grimoiredark » 2 years ago

Good Morning/Afternoon/Nooning time!

After doing research and ultimately not being 100% happy with my previous reanimator deck (Sorry Aminatou), I've decided to go back to my roots and attempt to recreate my favorite standard deck from yesteryear: Junk/Abzab Rites.

For those of you not familiar with the strategy, it was a midrange deck that utilized value creatures to handle many strategies at the time of its creation. It used cards like Siege Rhino, Angel of Serenity, and one of my favorite cards Unburial Rites to pump out threats, disruption, and value. One aspect I loved about it was even if the graveyard didn't pan out, it played like a standard midrange ramp deck that was still effective at dealing with threats. After researching, I settled on Karador, Ghost Chieftain as it is the closest Abzan commander that fits this strategy.

While I have made this deck before, it was never to my liking due to how easy it could be disrupted through graveyard hate (since a huge focus is around using dredge). So instead, I opted to take that out and follow a similar build to that of a Teneb, the Harvester. Since Teneb's reanimation is more conditional, the deck plays more midrange rather than graveyard focus which is an aspect I feel Teneb has over Karador (though Karador is ultimately stronger imo). This leaves, what I imagine to be, a deck with the spirit of the original Junk Rites, combining some of my favorite cards with the value nature of Karador.

However, there are still cards I'd love to add in or make it better if possible and thus, if it wouldn't be to much trouble, would appreciate a couple of set of eyes on the deck. Does anyone here have any suggestions for cards to add to this deck? Also, if possible, does anyone see where I could make room for a few more of my favorite/other cards:

Angel of Serenity
Assassin's Trophy
Worldly Tutor
Fauna Shaman

Thank you all!
Karador Reanimator WiP
Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

Outcryqq
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Outcryqq » 2 years ago

What kind of decks do you anticipate playing against? Vampiric Tutor seems cuttable, especially since you have other creature tutors in your deck already (Birthing Pod, Fiend Artisan). Same with Eladamri's Call. I'd probably cut Enlightened Tutor for a similar reason. That would open up spots for Angel of Serenity, Fauna Shaman, and Assassin's Trophy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”